1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Attest is a consumer research platform that provides confidence for every decision, with the right insight, at the right time. We do this by making it simple and fast to access your target customers and uncover opportunity with consumer data, continuously, at global scale. We call it: growth without guesswork.
Through our self-serve platform, you can access audiences of 100 million across 49 countries, get answers at record speed, and extract insight through our intuitive results dashboard, all with the guidance of our in-house experts. By removing the cost, time and complexity, you’re able to de-risk product, brand and campaign work in order to succeed more often. We’re proving that reliable consumer data can be accessible, fast and impactful for all.
The fastest scaling and fastest changing businesses work with us to learn about consumers’ needs, understand live trends, enter new markets, validate decisions, develop new products and services, measure brands, track competition, and ultimately - grow.
Our ever-expanding client roster includes notable brands such as Microsoft, Santander, Gymshark, Walgreens/Boots, Wise, eToro among many others. Attest is backed by investors including NEA, one of Silicon Valley's most prolific venture capital firms with over 225 portfolio company IPOs since 1977.
The mission for this role
As a UX Researcher at Attest, you'll be part of the team responsible for delivering customer insight across our business, collaborating with cross-functional peers and stakeholders to define problems and speculative opportunities. You’ll be identifying the things that drive customers to use Attest, providing insight into how well new concepts and designs are received, through formative and summative usability testing.
Your knowledge and experience will enable you to independently and proactively manage your own research activity and your collaboration with others. Usability testing skills are paramount to this role – you’ll need to be able to demonstrate proficiency in planning, scripting, moderating and reporting, as well as identifying key areas to focus on.
You'll be a strong advocate for research, content, and design, with experience in designing and facilitating effective workshops that lead to desired outcomes. In doing so, you will role model UX thinking throughout the entire organisation.
Your focus will be to…
- Work collaboratively to define both long-term strategy and short-term tactics to improve Attest across the product function.
- Together with Product leadership, own the customer research programme to enable regular contact between our product teams and customers.
- Autonomously plan and run end-to-end research projects, analyse data, capture insights and provide relevant recommendations to falsify assumptions and validate solutions, working closely with the product and design teams.
- Support the research manager in championing a user-centric culture, and engaging with teams across the business.
- Work closely with the broader product organisation to both give and receive feedback on work in progress, and to consistently raise the bar for quality in research execution.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have experience in autonomously delivering exploratory, generative and evaluative research across the full product lifecycle, using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods
- You have good knowledge of UX principles
- You ideally have a background in user centred design and have at least 3 years of experience in delivering hands-on research in multiple business contexts
- You have a basic understanding of quantitative, behavioural analysis and statistical concepts
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A generous career growth and development budget of £500 a year to support your learning
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - focusing on your growth, giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
We are a flexible employer and continue to work with the team on the ground to navigate our way through the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic together.
As a company, we aren’t a fully remote company and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working/working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at 25 Holywell Row, London EC2A 4XE**,** London, where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect folks to spend time with the team in the office on average 3 days per week.