3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
We have just completed a $50M D series led by Highland Europe plus previous backers Redline, MMC and Hearst and Guardian Media Group - this brings our total funding to date to around $100M.
About the role - what you'll be doing?
We’re looking for an empathetic manager with a technical background to support and coach our software engineers and help drive initiatives that improve our engineering practices across our cross functional teams. Your focus will be on helping engineers with their personal and professional development, helping build resilience and celebrate their successes. You will play a key role in helping teams to become high-performing through building strong partnerships with lead engineers across multiple teams.
You’ll spend your time:
- supporting, coaching and developing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with team leads
- partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices
- partnering with the technology leadership to ensure teams are properly staffed and able to be highly effective
- partnering with recruiting to hire new engineers to continue to expand our teams
- helping to build an organisation that can make a success of rapid growth
- contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for ambitious and highly motivated people
You should apply if:
- you have previous experience managing the performance and development of 5+ engineers, including senior and leads.
- you know what good looks like for a high-performing engineer and how to get there
- you have previously worked as software engineer at a senior level
- you have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships
- you are passionate about helping others achieve their goals, avoid burnout and become the best engineers they can be
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of something really exciting. You’ll be a key player in helping to shape Signal AI now and in the years to come. Here’s how we enable Signallers to do their best work;
- Share options - we all own a piece of Signal AI, so we’ll all get to enjoy our success
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy where you will be able to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Summer & Winter Fully remote blocks
- Health Cash Plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies
- Access to free therapists via Spill
- And more …