1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men’s health (with more to come).
Over one million people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 50 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Microsoft, Santander, Capgemini, Aviva and SAP. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We recently announced our $10m Series A fundraise, and we have huge growth plans to scale our existing product, launch new services and expand internationally.
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to join Peppy's fast-growing team, who want to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world.
As our Finance Assistant, you will be involved in the following:
- Accounts Payable: processing and managing vendor invoices, posting to the AP ledger, reconciling payments and statements; managing dedicated AP inbox.
- Accounts Receivable: raising sales invoices, dealing with customer disputes and queries, managing customer payments, posting to the AR ledger, reconciling receipts and statements.
- Treasury: performing bank reconciliations, processing and coding bank payments, creating and loading vendor payment runs and other bank administration tasks.
- Bookkeeping: ensuring both AP & AR invoices are signed off and coded in the accounting system in line with accounting standards and company policy.
- Management Accounts and Audit: assisting the Head of Finance with the month & year close processes, including processing of month-end and year-end adjustments, and preparing balance sheet reconciliations; helping with the year-end financial audit process.
- Tax and other compliance: assisting the Head of Finance with CIT and VAT compliance work, including drafting CIT and VAT returns for review and HMRC filing, reconciling account activity, assisting with R&D tax claims and other compliance work.
- Payroll: assisting the Head of Finance and HR team with monthly payroll management.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have prior experience in an accounting or finance role
- EITHER you have come from a consulting background (in Accounting or Audit) and are looking to continue your finance career at a fast-paced start-up
- OR you are already working within a start-up in an accounting/finance support role and are keen to work in a tech-for-good business!
- You are proficient with Excel and other MS Office tools
- You are well organised, have excellent time-management, organisational skills and attention to detail
- You are a real ‘people’ person who thrives on interacting with a variety of people and enjoys working as part of an energetic and enthusiastic team
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Experience using Xero
- A finance qualification (ACA, AAT, ACCA or similar) or working towards one
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in health and wellbeing. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- You will be hungry to join an exciting startup. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Why Join Peppy?
We are a new and exciting start-up in the digital health space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high growth environment. In this role, you will get a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a remote first workplace.
- A 25 day paid holiday allowance plus public holidays
- Company MacBook & company phone (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Remote-first environment where you can choose to work from home, in a shared office or anything in between; you’ll have the option to choose between a WeWork All Access pass or a work-from-home allowance
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance
- A 5% pension scheme - Peppy will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Access to the Peppy App!
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development.
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.