1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Thanks for checking out our job description for our Marketing Manager at Impala. We’re proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
More about Impala
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We're making it ridiculously easy for innovators to integrate with hotels, via our (frankly delightful..) API’s.
This democratises access for hotels and innovators alike, enabling and encouraging so much more innovation in travel. We believe the industry can, should and will do better, and we're going to be at the centre of that... Bring on the travel tech revolution!
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much only just the beginning.
This is where you come in, there are big challenges a-plenty as we scale up and evolve, which are going to require some talented folks to solve.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
As our Marketing Manager you will drive the conversion of leads by developing compelling multi-touch campaigns that support our demand and supply acquisition goals and also optimise all email campaigns.
- You'll design and execute our global event strategy - decide where and how we should show up both at offline events as well as online.
- You'll manage the sponsorship and attendance of major industry trade shows and conferences, including—booth design, collateral, speaking engagements, promotions etc.
- You'll use events to add leads to the sales pipeline, move leads through the funnel and foster customer relationships.
- You'll design customer campaigns, such as customer webinars and summits to increase the adoption of Impala.
- You'll build triggered campaigns and in life programmes across Impala to deepen our relationship with hotels and room sellers.
- You'll track and analyse all campaigns with weekly reporting and provide recommendations based on customer trends and behaviour.
- You'll collaborate with sales to ensure timely and successful follow-up of leads.
- You'll collaborate with partner companies on joint event projects, such as sponsored or co-branded seminars, networking events and webinars
- You'll project manage campaigns from insight to deployment working collaboratively with the rest of the marketing team to ensure campaign performance.
- You'll brief and oversee the work of a mix of in-house and outsourced marketing resources and agencies who will deliver much of the campaign activity and marketing initiatives.
You should join us if:
- You are a self-starter, comfortable with working in a fast-paced, 'let's do it' environment
- You are experienced in creating and owning an events programme.
- You are strategically minded with 5+ years of experience, but happy to deliver tactical tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- You are proactive in ideation and enjoy testing new concepts.
- You have experience in managing agencies.
- You ideally have experience working in travel, essential a passion for travel
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and getting told what to do.
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board.
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and a wonderful community and culture. Check out our deck and our careers page for more on that.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
Life and Logistics
Right-click on this link to find out more about progression, wellness, culture and benefits, and more, at Impala. We think it's a pretty great place to work, and we're proud to share some insight as to why.
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech; with endless opportunities opened up for innovation meaning the industry won't be going back to how it was. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo, and players across travel tech have been busy giving themselves a make over during Covid.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
If you want to learn more about us, check out our Blog and our Culture Deck.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.