3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We're based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
The Legal Team at Farfetch is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel (Regulatory, Product Safety & Compliance) reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel (Regulatory). This is a unique opportunity as we launch our Beauty and Kidswear categories. You will enjoy a broad and diverse role, delivering high quality legal advice and services across multiple operational territories in conjunction with our wider international Legal team. Acting as a true business partner, this role requires someone who is hands on and commercially minded, with a global outlook, strong professional ethic and the energy, interest and experience to pursue a broad array of product safety and compliance matters. This is a role with great potential for the right candidate to quickly grow their level of experience, responsibility and autonomy, as well as work on broader regulatory matters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Principal Legal Counsel (Regulatory) on all product safety and compliance matters (including manufacturing requirements, product testing, product labelling and information, warehousing requirements, recalls and withdrawals, product liability claims and consumer rights) applicable to the Farfetch Group
- Advise the business, in partnership with local legal teams, on all product safety and compliance matters arising out of existing and novel product categories (with a focus on Beauty and Kidswear), services and features of the Farfetch Group
- Develop strategies for, and engage with, relevant regulators
- Build compliance processes, tools and policies to educate relevant parts of the Farfetch Group
- Identify, monitor and evaluate legal, regulatory and enforcement trends and risks that may impact the Farfetch business, and present these to senior stakeholders in the business
- Support the Principal Legal Counsel (Regulatory) and wider legal team on large-scale agreements where product safety and compliance matters may arise
- Work with the Legal Teams in the US, Italy, Russia, UAE, Portugal and China on a range of matters arising out of these territories, as well as external counsel.
WHO YOU ARE
- This is a broad, visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for a product safety and compliance expert looking to develop their in-house experience in a forward-thinking and innovative global business.
- Be a qualified lawyer with at least 3 years' PQE and strong product manufacturing and/or retail experience within a regulated product category. Prior in-house experience within the Beauty or Kidswear categories would be beneficial.
- Have excellent training, and previously advised on safety, legal and regulatory issues in respect of the entire life cycle of products/services (including product launches), and consumer protection matters.
- Have experience working with multiple territories (including with local counsel) and complex international supply chains.
- Understand nuances and complexities, and are able to translate these into commercial, pragmatic, and concise advice in the context of a global business.
- Have a strong work ethic and attention to detail, be highly organised and efficient, able to work on fast moving projects.
- Possess excellent communication, organisation and drafting skills.
- Be passionate about fast moving consumer-led technology businesses.
- Be driven, forward thinking, robust, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
The Legal Team at Farfetch is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel (Regulatory, Product Safety & Compliance). This is a unique opportunity, especially as we launch our Beauty and Kidswear categories.