A little flex time
at Prisma Data (View all jobs)
At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
What are we looking for in a Developer Advocate (Frontend / Fullstack)?
We are looking for an experienced frontend and/or fullstack engineer and dedicated educator to join us as a Developer Advocate to help people get familiar with and use Prisma most effectively.
While you have a background in software development, you should truly be driven and motivated by helping and educating others, and working with developers of all experience levels.
Prisma is a tool that's primarily used by backend engineers to build server-side applications. However, for this role, we are specifically looking for a candidate with a focus on frontend and/or fullstack development. Prisma is seeing significant traction in the frontend developer community since it "enables frontend developers to become fullstack", especially in combination with frameworks like Next.js or Remix.
What does a Developer Advocate do at Prisma?
Here are some of the mosts typical responsibilities of a Developer Advocate at Prisma:
- Coding demo projects and production-ready app templates: Build, share, document and maintain sample Prisma apps to help users understand the main use cases of Prisma.
- Writing technical articles: Writing tutorials and other technical content.
- Speaking at events and livestreams: Speak about Prisma related topics on livestreams and in-person events.
- Creating technical videos: Create video tutorials, demos, and additional videos for the Prisma YouTube channel.
- Building community: Build and maintain personal relationships and contribute to our active community by engaging directly with our user base.
What does the candidate profile look like?
We believe the successful candidate will:
- Have several years of practical experience building production-grade frontend and/or fullstack applications.
- Be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Have basic knowledge of relational databases (knowledge of other databases is a plus).
- Be passionate about helping other developers solve problems and have an educational mindset.
- Have some formal or informal experience in teaching: training, tutoring, mentoring, etc.
The following experience would also be a plus:
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with libraries such as React, Vue or Svelte as well as frameworks like Next.js, NuxtJS, Angular, ...
- Experience with other ORMs like TypeORM, Sequelize, MikroORM or lower-level database libraries like Objection or knex.js.
- Experience working with and editing video.
- Experience working with open source software and/or with the open source community.
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from UTC -5 to UTC +3 (Coordinated Universal Time).
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Join our community events and developer conferences (Meetups, Prisma Day, GraphQL Conf).
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley's top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
- We provide a competitive base salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive stock-option grants with a 10 year exercise window.
- 24 days paid vacation per year.
- 4 paid mental health days per year.
- Fully paid parental leave up to 20 weeks.
- Generous tech budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic chair subsidy.
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below.
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your resume/CV and any other links or documentation that you think might be relevant. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.