1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
We’re going big. Really big. And we need a big thinking marketing and creative copywriter to come tell the world about just how big big is.
Working within our Brand and Marketing teams, you will be charged with getting our voice heard loud and clear. Turning the complexities of our financial infrastructure into simple soundbites that everyone can recite. Softening the seriousness of ‘software as a service’ all while cementing us as experts in our space. You’ll know when to be sensible, sensitive and when to be scintillating and show-stopping.
Solo artist? Certainly not. Integral part of our creative team, working in a supportive environment where you can ask questions, explore ideas and sharpen your skills? Absolutely yes. You’ll be given autonomy and expected to pitch new concepts, new creative and craft new copy. But you’ll also be guided by in-house experts, collaborating with an assortment of stakeholders and given the opportunity to grow your role and responsibilities.
The closer: we’ve got some major projects in the pipeline (think brand awareness campaigns, digital just waiting for you to come at with a fresh perspective.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, bank account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As a Marketing Copywriter you will:
- Collaborate with all marketing and sales teams (Growth, Product, Content) to create clear, consistent, killer campaigns. That’s across web, email, banner ads, video… and a little bit of print.
- Monitor the competition to make sure everything we say is unique to us.
- Learn everything there is to know about how our products work and why they’re better than everything else out there.
- Build unbreakable bonds with designers so you can both bend even the most basic briefs into beautiful branding.
- Go deep with creative leads, exploring how best to evolve our brand and keep our position as category leader unquestionable.
- Sell your smartest ideas with a serious sense of purpose.
- Get under the skin of our customers, understanding what scares them, what excites them and what success looks like for them.
- Examine the effectiveness of everything you write, and use any insights to iterate and explore new angles.
What we need from you:
- Experience in the B2B tech world — that could be working in-house at a tech firm or freelancing for tech clients.
- A portfolio of work that shows your ability to adapt messaging for different audiences and different mediums.
- Strong creative chops.
- Solid experience managing the expectations of various stakeholders from project conception to execution.
- An ability to turn highly complicated technical concepts into simple, strong copy.
- An ability to thrive in ambiguity — we’re a company that’s scaling super fast. You’ll need to be eager to improve and unafraid of change.
- Empathy, objectivity and conviction.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a fintech startup or scaling business
- Experience working on localisation projects
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.