1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
We are looking for a Senior TypeScript/React Engineer to join our team.
🏡 Location - London HQ - Hybrid working as standard OR Remote role (UK based only) OR Fully office based if you prefer! The choice is yours...
💻 The Engineering Team
The application is built in the backend mainly in PHP (7.4/8) with a number of internal services, some being in Scala, and third party services. The frontend is evolving into React + Typescript from an old jQuery UI which is currently disappearing. All of this is deployed in Docker containers running in a Kubernetes cluster in AWS.
The engineering team consists of a group of squads working independently in different parts of the application but still supporting each other as a single team. Each squad comprises a product manager, designer and a mix of frontend and backend engineers.
We are keen advocates of agile delivery, continuous integration and automated testing. We have a CI pipeline using Circle CI and Github Actions where we run automated tests and static analyses to ensure only good quality code makes it into production.
What we need from you:
At Goodlord we want everyone to bring their whole selves to work so we offer quite a lot of flexibility in order for you to find a good work-life balance.
No two days in Goodlord are the same but we would expect you to do the following on daily basis:
- Work with product managers, designers, business colleagues and other engineers to understand end-user problems and implement appropriate solutions
- Assist your squad by defining tasks end-to-end, delegating work and implementing the solutions with them
- Use your knowledge of React and Typescript to continuously improve the platform, add new features and get rid of our old jQuery-based framework to testable React + Typescript standards
- Review the code of your colleagues
- Offer to mentor to less experienced developers
- Expand our library of reusable components
- Add tooling to make developer’s life easier
- Continuously develop your skillset via tailored professional development objectives and budget
You should apply if the following sounds like you:
- Excellent TypeScript knowledge and experience in a commercial setting
- Proficient with advanced software engineering design and architecture principles, patterns and practices.
- Proficient at writing automated tests using frameworks such as Jest, React Testing Library or Cypress.
- Strong knowledge of web application security and how to guard against common vulnerabilities.
- Confident at debugging issues in local and production environments and across system boundaries.
- Strong communication skills and can adapt to the technical level of your audience.
- Focused on providing value, solving end-user problems and having a real impact on the organization.
- Biased towards collaboration.
- Open to learning new languages, technologies and ways of working.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant.
We're a PropTech scale-up who have created a revolutionary, cloud-based software platform to bring together agents, landlords, and tenants online and process all the paperwork electronically.
And in the past year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work.
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
The Interview Process typically looks like this
For more information, Donovan, our CTO, has written a blog post that goes in-depth into our interview process: https://blog.goodlord.co/careers/how-goodlord-recruits-engineers.
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **