1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
TrueLayer’s People team is responsible for attracting, engaging and developing some of the best talent from around the world. Working with our business partners, we’ll obsess over our mission: powering the new era of financial innovation. As we head into a period of ambitious scaling across multiple new markets, the TrueLayer team’s strategy will be directly linked to the output of the strategic People Team.
And that’s why we need you. We’re looking for a Senior People Partner to help articulate, build and protect our culture as we grow. You’ll write the playbook on how we attract, develop and retain talent. You won’t stop till the Harvard Business Review writes about us. If you’re interested in making a huge impact to a global company that’s going places, then read on.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As our People Partner, you will:
- Working with the People Team leadership, you’ll take an instrumental role in creating a culture where outstanding talent can thrive.
- You’ll take a leading role in setting up the People infrastructure that will enable us to scale as painlessly as possible. We’ve made a great start but there’s so much more to do.
- This is a generalist role, but you’ll have plenty of opportunity to dive into a People Speciality, whether that’s Reward, Performance Management, or Learning and Development. We’re building from the ground up, so for someone who’s ambitious and intellectually curious, there will be tons of scope for growth.
- Partnering with managers, you’ll help them create the very best environment for their team members. This will include performance management, feedback, mentoring and coaching, total compensation and talent succession.
- You’ll also instinctively understand the need to use data, metrics and internal/external trends to provide leaders with insights to inform business decisions, organisational structure and targeted initiatives.
What we expect from you:
- It would be amazing if you had experience in People partnership with Tech, engineering or Tech First organisation. Showing a track record of successfully partnering with Tech teams in a fast moving technology-led environment would be super, but not essential.
- You’ll have naturally high intellect and quickness of thought. You move fast, at work, naturally. Cultivating your growth mindset is incredibly important to you. You’ll devour any medium that helps you grow.
- You’re not easily daunted, and are able to work in unstructured, ambiguous environments. You’ll look at our ambitious roadmap and get excited by the scale of what we’re working towards. The size of the opportunity ahead excites you enormously.
- You’re a Finisher. You’re able to take big, 10x, ambitious ideas we have as a team and put structure around them, but also follow through, and make sure we deliver. B
- You’ll make prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks. No decisions or lack of forward movement frustrates you. Equally, you don’t shy away from making a difficult decision, but will always do so truthfully and respectfully.
- Personal resilience to tackle challenges and opportunities relentlessly. You’ll know that rapidly scaling companies aren’t for everyone, but you can’t imagine working elsewhere.
- You get that we’re a team and you’ll use your excellent interpersonal skills to partner with the Talent and Facilities team, too. It’s important to you for work to be fun every day. You’re determined to be part of a team that makes TrueLayer an awesome and inspiring place to work.
- Finally, you’re someone who takes initiative and can work under your own direction. You won’t hesitate to constantly suggest how we could be doing things even better.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work 🏡
- Brand new MacBook Pro 💻
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).