1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
We’re an award-winning tech business, recently named the Top UK SaaS Company to work for. Our UK HQ is located in Bristol, cited as being one of the fast growing technology hubs in the country.
Brightpearl is the number one Retail Operating System for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing their business. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
And that’s not all. Check out our perks and benefits to see what else we offer!
About the Role
- Work in a small cross-functional team to develop new features and migrate our existing monolithic frontend to our new react.js architecture
- Work together with a design team to improve the user experience of our frontend
- Have an impact in designing and implementing our new micro frontend architecture
- Set best practices and standards for the other frontend engineers
- Work closely with other engineers, product owners, quality, performance, and security analysts, site reliability engineers, devops engineers, customers and partners.
- Integrate your code with our fully automated CI/CD environment
- Diagnose problems seen in production and advise on solutions.
- Have the opportunity to develop your career in the direction of technical or team leadership
- Have access to training on relevant technologies in our platform and beyond
- Experience developing frontends for high-volume, secure enterprise applications
- Experience migrating large, complex applications to micro-frontend architectures using client-side or server-side composition strategies
- Ability to define and manage the overall UI architecture strategy across multiple cross-functional teams
- Familiar with the latest browser APIs and technologies, and ability to leverage them to create next-generation front-end architectures
- Enjoy working in an agile team.
- A good communicator.
- Confident working alone to achieve shared outcomes
- Enjoy variety in your work and be willing to pick up new tools, technologies and techniques.
Ideally you’ll have
- Experience integrating efficiently with backend APIs e.g. REST, GraphQL
- Experience tracking down bugs in a production environment.
- Experience implementing and using frontend telemetry / monitoring technologies.
- 3-5 years experience with major current frontend framework, preferably React
- Working experience of docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous experience using our main backend languages Java and Go.
- Experience using Cucumber or equivalent for end to end testing.
- Experience with the Continuous Delivery and DevOps styles of development.
- Be comfortable developing software to non-functional requirements of reliability and performance.
- You’ll be joining one of the top UK SaaS Companies based in central Bristol - named top city to live in
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options and a pension matching scheme
- 25 days of annual leave, plus long service awards and volunteering days to give back to the community
- We promote health and well-being through comprehensive medical, dental insurance packages with AXA, Bupa and Health Shield and subsidised gym memberships
- We support work-life balance through flexi-time and hybrid working
- Opportunity to collaborate and share success through company wide socials and All Hands.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work