3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 160 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as Head of DevOps.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Head of DevOps
Reporting directly to the CTO you will take responsibility for Platform Engineering at Unmind including setting strategy and direction for the Platform Engineering teams. You won't be expected to be hands on coding day-to-day but you will be an expert in the field.
Our vision for Platform Engineering is to empower engineering teams to work autonomously whilst protecting the security and integrity of the platform. You will work closely with our engineers to advocate a DevOps culture, providing them with easy to use tooling to enable continuous deployment and operate their applications in production.
You will advocate a DevSecTestOps ethos and wider DevOps culture within engineering teams. You will introduce standards, tools and frameworks which reduce friction and deliver a measurable improvement on developer experience. You will provide operational expertise in helping teams to move fast in creating, monitoring and scaling their infrastructure.
Unmind operates on a Serverless architecture in AWS alongside key integrations with 3rd party services. The current function consists of two experienced Principal Systems Engineers and you will grow this function to at least 2 teams throughout 2022 - one with a focus on core platform infrastructure and one with a focus on developer tooling.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Grow a talented Platform Engineering team
- Own the creation and execution of the roadmap for Platform Engineering
- Contribute to the wider Product & Technology strategy
- Introduce new tools & ways of working to improve efficiency & quality
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who have:
- Experience owning the technical direction and strategy of a Platform or DevOps team
- Experience hiring, managing and coaching Infrastructure/Systems/DevOps Engineers
- Experience building a collaborative way of working with Product Managers, your peers and teams to facilitate continuous technical improvements that both follow- and feed into our technical strategy, striving to surface the most valuable things to work on.
- Excellent internal customer service, communication, and coordination.
- A passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- The ability to work in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Excitement about playing a part in making Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Take time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace