Various work from home options
Who we are:
Comma Group is a technology-agnostic information management consultancy dedicated to delivering high-quality data solutions for Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality and Integration. Comma specializes in sustainable business solutions where technology acts as the enabler.
Organisations today are realizing that data is a valuable strategic asset and that effectively managing data can harness its value and lead to tangible business benefit. Furthermore, the rapid and exponential increase in data volumes means that good data management is becoming an increasingly essential part of ensuring competitive advantage to organisations.
Comma are not just another system integrator, but instead are a strategic partner invested in delivering data solutions that align with your business objectives.
Comma has offices in Leamington Spa and York and is part of Amplifi, a US-based consulting group with very similar focus and values. Comma and Amplifi work with enterprise clients throughout Northern Europe and North America.
The focus of your role:
New business is essential to the successful growth of the organization and you will be responsible for generating sales to new clients and also to a portfolio of existing clients. You will promote and sell the whole range of Comma services within a defined vertical sector or geographical region.
This is a quota-carrying role. A realistic sales target will be agreed and the volume of revenue you generate from new and existing clients will be a key performance indicator for your role.
Within your defined sector you will:
- Generate leads by proactive outreach and by constantly using networking, social media, email and phone. In close collaboration with Marketing and the Business Development Exec (BDE), seek new leads and continually add new business opportunities to the sales pipeline.
- Engage with clients and prospective new clients to define their requirements. Make presentations and written proposals about Comma capability and the costs/benefits of a proposed Comma solution. Travel to meet clients and prospective clients face-to-face as much as possible.
- Lead the Comma response to RFIs, RFPs, ITTs etc and take responsibility for gathering content from Comma Capability and Delivery teams and for ensuring the final proposal document is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Negotiate terms and conditions and reach an agreement with new customers on the details of Master Consulting Agreement and Statements of Work including commercial terms. Close new business with existing and new clients by having documents correctly executed by all parties.
- Make a thorough handover of new customers and new projects to Comma Operations by using the handover template and by liaising closely with colleagues in delivery teams.
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions in Comma CRM system.
This is primarily a field-based role and (subject to pandemic restrictions) you will be expected to travel as required to meet clients and to be based at your home office or a local Comma office on non-travel days.
What you’ll bring:
- You’ll be a persistent, determined and goal-oriented person who has excellent written and spoken communication skills at all levels and the gravitas to make effective presentations to senior executives.
- You’ll be graduate calibre with experience of working in information management as well as experience of success in enterprise sales, preferably selling enterprise data integration technology or services.
- You’ll have the drive and determination to build a pipeline of opportunities and to keep a focus on your revenue targets.
- You will have the ability to work with all levels of professionals within a business, including Board Executives, Directors, Business Managers, IT Managers and Solution Architects etc.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a high-volume workload as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and manage own time effectively without supervision.
- A positive, self-starting attitude with a “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality to get the job done.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word. High standard of spelling and grammar.
If you want to reach out informally for a conversation to find out more please feel free to contact Dan Malins (Head of People) or Mark Thorpe (Sales Director).
What we will offer you:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related variable compensation
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Vitality private healthcare
- Distributed team with accommodating environment
- Informal, supportive and empowering company culture
- Company away days
- Opportunities for formal development
At comma we know that our people are our biggest asset, therefore we are committed to hiring individuals who can embrace and embody our relaxed, family feel culture. We are conscious of creating a diverse and inclusive team and want to hire people into Comma who we can empower and progress. We are aware that you may not meet every single requirement on the advert, but we would encourage you to apply or reach out to one of the team as a lot of us did not begin our careers at Comma as experts.