A little flex time
E-commerce sites are 💀 😴 💩. Online shopping has been the same uninspiring experience for the last two decades. A seismic shift in consumer culture is happening. Retro is at the forefront of this; we are bringing the fun and energy back to shopping by creating a familiar, yet wildly new shopping experience.
Retro was founded in 2021 by former early members and heads at Revolut. We are backed by the same people who funded and built some of the world's best technology companies. We've got the firepower to build a culturally impactful product and we need the right people to join us. Come aboard as we shape new landscapes in commerce and push the boundaries on what is possible! 🛸
Abhi - 👽 🎮 🧥 - Co-founder/CEO
- Joined Revolut in 2016, first data hire & Head of Data Science
- Built the data org and infra from scratch, scaled team to 100+ people
Neil - ⚡️🐯 🌊 - Co-founder
- Joined Revolut in 2015, employee #5, Global Head of Int'l Expansion & Auth
- Built a lot of payments stuff, launched a bunch of markets, grew some amazing people
Why Work at Retro?
- You'll be part of a vibrant and experimental culture where you'll build a groundbreaking shopping experience for millions across the world. As a team, we'll consistently challenge conventions and push the limits to deliver the best products for our users.
- You'll join an ambitious, smart and friendly team that learns and grows together. We've previously built great teams and fostered environments that helped our people develop amazing careers; we'll do the same at Retro.
- You'll be proud of the work you produce for years to come. We are open-minded and give everyone the floor to share ideas. You'll have the freedom to bring your best and really impact culture.
You will join our small, highly ambitious and equally talented team in a Business Operations role. The Business Operations team use their skills to solve issues, create value, and maximise growth for business owners. They identify options for the organisation, make recommendations, and implement solutions. Primarily, this involves securing various partnerships and ensuring we hire the best people. Expect a variety of work as this will involve:
- Working closely with the founders to innovate and challenge the norm
- Growing the company by creating many valuable partnerships
- Building scalable processes to prepare the company for hyper growth
- Collaborating cross-functionally to develop an end-to-end understand of the business and facilitate creative thinking throughout
This will be a challenging and fast-paced role with an incredible opportunity for growth and ownership. We set high bars for our team but consequently, you can expect to deliver your best work and be proud of what you achieve here.
What We're Looking For
- Up to date and in the know
- Excellent problem-solving skills; break complex problems into smaller ones
- Exceptional ability to articulate thoughts
- Can execute projects at a crazy pace with upmost quality
- Track record of achieving outstanding results
- Looking for people from 0 - 7 years of experience
Perks & Benefits
- 29 paid vacation days (excl. federal holidays)
- Work from home opportunities
- Stock options - we share in our growth
- Fully remote & distributed team
- MacBook Pro, display & accessories
- Annual offsite and regular team-building events
- Competitive salary
Want to join?
Have we captivated you? We've been quite vague with our exact product since we're building in stealth, but we'll happily share more on a call! Apply below with a brief message about why you want to join us and what you hope to achieve at Retro. Please include any relevant information as well.