1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Head of Compliance, UK here at INSHUR; based in Brighton pre-pandemic, and currently 100% remote. You’ll be working on a next gen commercial auto insurance platform expanding in the USA, UK, and the EU.
Supported by (and reporting to) the VP of Legal & Commercial, you'll be joining a friendly L&C team who believe in providing practical and compliant guidance and solutions to colleagues in a firm but friendly manner. The role currently has one direct report, a junior compliance officer, to help you with the deliverables of your role.
We’ve got a great team in place and are a people & culture-first business (check out our Glassdoor reviews). We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
What you'll do
As our Head of Compliance, UK you will be a key partner to the UK management team providing insurance specific regulatory compliance management to our UK based operations, undertaking a wide variety of activities.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of working within the UK insurance sector and maintaining compliance records for the UK
- Have acted as the primary liaison with the FCA and provided guidance on a range of regulatory matters
- Have identified ways to improve the customer journey by using innovative effective solutions
- Are an experienced advisor on compliance related issues arising from compliance reviews, maintaining awareness of regulatory developments and how these might impact the business
- Have strong technical background of FCA regulatory requirements and excellent knowledge of the FCA handbook
- Are experienced with compliance advice relating to anti-financial crime controls, including sanctions checking
- Understanding of a range of compliance frameworks
- Have built successful relationships with a number of key stakeholders
- Have working knowledge of data and performance/operation metrics
- Have knowledge and experience in dealing with financial promotions, complaints handling, remedial action and sanctions
Your colleagues say you:
- A leader who can influence across all levels in the business
- A succinct and engaging adviser, able to translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language
- A continual learner - you want to know all there is about the industry, customers, other teams, and marketing best practices
- Analytical and naturally curious
- Are experienced in operating effectively within a fast-paced organisation
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
In terms of salary, your previous experience and expertise will be taken into account when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance of £1000 (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
We have recently completed a successful Series B funding, which will fuel our ambitious growth plans and enable us to invest in technology, recruit the best people, and bring new insurtech product lines to the market, while keeping us at the forefront of urban mobility. With a mission to make insurance fair & easy for everyone, we are committed to changing the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
As a global team of around 150 people based in the USA, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. Our products are currently live in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines.
We are based in beautiful Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included), although we’re currently working remotely. When the COVID situation evolves to a point where we are comfortable working from the office, we will be transitioning to a hybrid model (office and remote). At that point, we may occasionally ask you to join us on-site (either at co-working spaces or the office) for collaborative work or in-person meetings- how often will depend on the team you're joining (for this team, this will likely be atleast once a month and ideally twice).
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.