Various work from home options
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don’t believe women's bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women’s bodies – and therefore, lives – have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, Elvie has been improving women's lives through better – and smarter – technology ever since. We develop innovations that meet the unique needs and complexities of the female body so that women can take charge of their health across every life stage.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is a multi-award-winning device bringing hospital-grade pelvic floor care to the hands of women everywhere— it was even a gift in the Oscar Nominee Goody Bags! And now, we're proud to say that we're part of the NHS Supply Chain in the UK.
Our second innovation was Elvie Pump. Launched in 2019, it's the world's first silent, wearable breast pump, enabling women to pump wherever they please— even the catwalk at London Fashion Week. It’s since won numerous awards, including the Times 100 Best Inventions of 2019 and ‘Wearable Design of the Year’ at the Dezeen Awards. The initial success of our wellness tools gave us the means to expand our breastfeeding range to include Elvie Curve and Elvie Catch, both designed to give mothers total comfort and confidence.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including the prestigious Red Dot Design award). We’re ranked as one of the 15 startups ‘To Watch’ by The Sunday Times and Business Insider and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by Syndicate Room. Our founder and CEO, Tania Boler, is regularly profiled in top-tier media titles, and, in 2021, Tania was named GLAMOUR’s Women of the Year: Technology Gamechanger.
In July 2021, Elvie announced an $80 million Series C funding, the number one position and biggest raise in an initial fundraising round in the femtech category.
What does it mean to work at Elvie?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join a new global team that manages content and operations for Elvie.com. We're looking for an experienced and technically-focused SEO Manager to help drive forward scaled improvements across our digital portfolio. The successful candidate will have multi-territory experience, be resourceful, resilient, highly organised, detailed orientated, with a can-do attitude. As well as be a self starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change. You’re a flexible and adaptable strategic thinker, with the ability to articulate and implement plans. You will be a key stakeholder identifying and working with product, development, and UX teams to improve the crawlability, indexation, internationalisation and internal linking plans (including campaign and keyword optimisation initiatives). Must have proven experience with business impact, be across SEO innovation/trends, and be a data-driven team player who can clearly communicate complex topics to the broader business.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead all organic SEO activities (content and technical) including auditing, reporting, analysis and presentation of results/recommendations.
- Define SEO strategy, best practice, guidelines for ways of working, and recommendations for web that drive performance and opportunity (e.g. website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO).
- Oversee the technical and content SEO roadmap spanning site enhancements, optimisation, keyword research, content creation, troubleshooting, and link building to ensure SEO objectives are achieved.
- Manage all content SEO activities, which includes auditing and developing keyword strategies for new products and services to increase rankings across our digital channels. Identifying content gaps and optimising copy.
- Track and measure website performance, including organic search performance and engagement.
- Collaborate with developers and facilitate the QA/Regression testing prior to any SEO items being pushed to production.
- Building user stories/requirements based on business value alongside the backlog process is essential.
- Own SEO tools and partner relationships.
- Identify and propose new opportunities for optimising and improving customer support content and associated workflow.
- Report ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and yearly results, as well as updates on project status.
- Perform competitive analysis; understand search strategies of competitors, offering insights and take advantage of gained insights.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and standard methodologies in SEO and SEM.
- Educate and translate complex ideas into easy-to-understand action points.
- 5+ year SEO experience (in e-commerce and/or publishing).
- Experience with multi-site, multi-language, global site SEO management.
- Be data driven is a must.
- In-depth experience with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and SEO tools (eg Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, MOZ, Rank Ranger, Search Console and other Google tools, etc).
- Familiarity with technical SEO and response code analysis as well as implementing the appropriate steps to rectify.
- Strong project management, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline orientated environment with proficiency and professionalism.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote skills and ability to shape a story of successes/opportunities based on data.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills - a team player who is able to influence and work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence and not be afraid to challenge when necessary.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Familiarity with tools such as Slack/Asana/Wrike/JIRA.
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication (proficiency in additional languages is a plus).
Location: London or Bristol, but we are flexible as long as you can come into the office a couple of days a week
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 884 7223.