At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
What do are we looking for in a Backend Developer Advocate?
We are looking for a dedicated educator and experienced developer to join us as a Backend Developer Advocate to help people get familiar with and use Prisma most effectively.
While you have a background in software development, you should truly be driven and motivated by helping and educating others, and working with developers of all experience levels.
You are excited about explaining technical concepts in a simple way.
What does a Backend Developer Advocate do at Prisma?
Here are some of the mosts typical responsibilities of a Developer Advocate at Prisma:
- Writing technical articles: Writing tutorials and other technical content.
- Speaking at events and livestreams: Speak about Prisma related topics on livestreams and in-person events.
- Creating technical videos: Create video tutorials, demos, and additional videos for the Prisma YouTube channel.
- Coding example apps and demo projects: Build, share, and document sample Prisma apps to help users understand the main use cases of Prisma.
- Building community: Build and maintain personal relationships and contribute to our active community by engaging directly with our user base.
We believe the successful candidate will:
- Have several years of practical experience building production-grade backend applications in Node.js.
- Be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Have strong knowledge of relational databases (knowledge of other databases is a plus).
- Be passionate about helping other developers solve problems and have an educational mindset.
- Have some formal or informal experience in teaching: training, tutoring, mentoring, etc.
The following experience would also be a plus:
- Experience working with Open Source Software and/or with the Open Source Community.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience working with/editing video.
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from UTC -1 to UTC +3 (Coordinated Universal Time).
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Join our community events and developer conferences (Meetups, Prisma Day, GraphQL Conf)
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley's top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants with a 10 year exercise window.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- 4 Mental Health days per year.
- Fully Paid Parental Leave up to 20 weeks.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy.
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below.
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your Resume/CV and any other links or documentation that you think might be relevant. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.