At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies, but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small distributed team working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Twitter, Slack, and Github - with over 40,000 total members - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What would you do at Prisma?
You would be a new addition to our events team. As we continue to invest in events and community activities, you would help us scale the team further. You would be bringing a wealth of industry experience to the role and have excitement around educating teammates about events' best practices. You are energized about making events as popular as possible and bring creativity and spark to build on the momentum around the Prisma community.
- Decide strategically which events to invest in as a host, sponsor, participant, etc
- Own annual event strategy and budget
- Define the KPIs and goals from each event. Measure the efficacy of the event strategy and adjust as needed
- Manage the execution of large scale online, onsite and hybrid events
- Work with comms to create as much attention around events before, during, and after as possible
- Mentor and educate teammates on event best practices
- Standardize event production to help us scale our event strategy further
- Coordinate CFPs and speakers for various events
- Coordinate with external vendors
- Identify and implement any necessary tooling
We believe that the right person would have the following:
- 4+ years working in events in the tech space
- Exceptional organization and coordination skills. Experiencing liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strategic experience; experience managing and planning a budget
- Deep understanding of the various types of events appealing to developers
- Ability to travel to help set up and coordinate events onsite
- Some experience with virtual events and the related tooling
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You are likely to be a great asset for the team if you:
...have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
...stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolve quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
...be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organization with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -5 to GMT +3.
What's in it for you?
- You will be hired as the most senior employee in the Events Management team which will allow you to have direct impact on the strategic and operational direction of the function at Prisma.
- Join a truly flexible company and determine your mode of work based on your personal circumstances and responsibilities.
- 24 Days Paid Time Off per year.
- 4 Paid Mental Health Days per year.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off in the event of Sickness.
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware and software that you need.
- Subsidised ergonomic chair.
- Access to remote-working offices in your area.
- Competitive compensation including a commensurate Stock Option Package.
- Extended Stock Options Exercise Window (10 Years)
- [US] 401k Matching, Health-, Vision-, and Dental Cover.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume) and anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.