Various work from home options
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men’s health (with more to come).
Over 800,000 people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 40 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Clifford Chance, Santander, Wickes and NHS trusts. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We’ve just announced our $10m Series A fundraise, and we have huge growth plans to scale our existing product, launch new services and expand internationally.
We’re looking for a Content Editor to join Peppy's fast-growing team, who want to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world.
Working with Peppy’s health experts and our Head of Content, you will be commissioning, editing and writing health and medical content for use across our app and other platforms.
Your mission is to inspire Peppy users and support and inform them in their moments that matter. Our services cover menopause, fertility, men’s health and parenthood – your role will focus on men’s health and menopause content
Your challenge will be to produce quick but accurate content without sacrificing attention to detail and to make it work across platforms.
As a Content Editor, you will be:
- Writing expert-led content for our menopause and men’s health verticals with a view to expanding into other areas of health and wellbeing.
- Using robust medical and health research and expert input as the backbone for practical articles.
- Commissioning and editing expert-led content.
- Retaining impeccable records.
- Uploading and building content into our CMS platform including picture research.
- Commissioning and editing content for Peppy’s learning courses and programmes.
- Managing the editorial flow of your own sections (men’s health and menopause)
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a journalist or content writer looking to make a move into the fast-paced healthtech startup world. It doesn’t matter if you have 3 months experience or 3 years. We hire passionate, great people first, experience second.
- You are experiences in commissioning and editing content
- You are proficient in interviewing, researching and writing sparkling, must-read articles in all formats and lengths.
- You are able to access high quality writers and experts.
- You think creatively, but you’re able to articulate ground-breaking ideas into practical, useful content.
- You will work quickly, without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
- You have a strong eye for detail and command of the English language, especially grammar and punctuation.
- You’re aware of current health content trends across social media and online platforms, especially health tech.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working on multiple projects at once and have excellent organisational skills. You can manage your own workflow.
- You’re a talented writer who can find a strong story in every conversation. You can also transform a piece of expert-written content into a compelling must-read.
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Good working knowledge of Contentful and/or other CMS platforms
- Experience working with picture research and editing
- Experience using Canva, Powerpoint, Excel
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in health and wellbeing. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- You will be hungry to join an exciting startup. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Why Join Peppy?
We are a new and exciting start-up in the digital health space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively and diverse team in a fast-paced and high growth environment. As a Content Editor you will get a competitive salary, employee stock options and the opportunity to work in a remote first workplace.
- A 25 day paid holiday allowance plus public holidays
- New MacBook Air & company sim card (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Remote-first environment where you can choose to work from home, in a shared office or anything in between; You’ll have the option to choose between a WeWork All Access pass or a work-from-home allowance
- Vitality Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- A 5% pension scheme - Peppy will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Access to the Peppy app!
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development.
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-econimic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.