1-2 days per week at home
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men’s health (with more to come).
Over 800,000 people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 40 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Clifford Chance, Santander, Wickes and NHS trusts. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We’ve just announced our $10m Series A fundraise, and we have huge growth plans to scale our existing product, launch new services and expand internationally.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join Peppy's fast-growing team, who want to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world.
As our Business Development Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for deliverable revenue for the company
- Be responsible for managing the full sales process from lead generation through to close, acting as an effective and professional ambassador for Peppy.
- Be fed some leads from our Demand Generation function and SDRs, but you will also be responsible for building pipelines
- Support our clients in navigating business cases
- Manage multiple stakeholders within each client
Who we’re looking for:
- You have proven experience as a Business Development Manager or in a business growth role working in a B2B consultative sales environment
- Experience selling to Enterprise level clients and delivering to targets
- Well-developed sales skills including negotiation, managing objections and closing
- You have a track record of exceeding sales targets while working within a small/growing sales team
- Have an understanding of the role of the HR function and employee benefits
- Have an understanding of how corporations work, and particularly HR, including approvals processes, typical hierarchies etc.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and relevant CRM software.
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Experience working within a (Series A-C) startup in a fast paced and high growth environment
- Experience of selling an employee benefit offering
- Experience in creation of market and taking a new product to market
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in health and wellbeing. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- You will be hungry to join an exciting startup. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Why Join Peppy?
We are a new and exciting start-up in the digital health space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high growth environment. As a Business Development Manager you will get a competitive salary, uncapped commission, employee stock options and the opportunity to work in a remote first workplace.
- A 25 day paid holiday allowance plus public holidays
- New company MacBook Air & company phone (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Remote-first environment where you can choose to work from home, in a shared office or anything in between; You’ll have the option to choose between a WeWork All Access pass or a work-from-home allowance
- Vitality Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- A 5% pension scheme - Peppy will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Access to the Peppy app!
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development.
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-econimic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.