More than 2 days at home per week
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We're enhancing customer experiences across our digital touchpoints including our website, app, and email. Our team are experts in eCommerce improving customer experiences and brand presence whilst driving engagement and sales growth across our digital channels. Our teams include performance marketing, data analytics, CRM, organic search and optimization, design and studio creative.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Positioned in our Studio Creative Team we are looking for an Interim Menswear Online Styling Editor (to join on a 12-month contract) who is both creatively and commercially aware. Reporting to the Head of Studio Creative, you will be an important driving force for our menswear styling offer on BrownsFashion.com, working to enhance styling content producing inspirational market leading product shots considering the distinct Browns tone of voice. You will continue to guide our fashion authority, to create mood boards to inspire and educate the team. The Menswear Styling Editor will also oversee the kids department and will work with the Associate Styling Editor to support the kids styling and casting.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will be oversee the Menswear Online Styling for the NEW IN section and ensure the Browns vision and tone of voice is reflected in all outfits.
- You will support the Deputy Styling Editor in the studio on a daily basis and work with the styling team to ensure that all outfits are on brand, on trend and follow Browns brand guidelines. As well as supporting with casting for your areas.
- You will work with the Kids Associate Styling Editor to ensure kids styling for BrownsFashion.com is always kept, on brand, on trend.
- You will work with the menswear buying team to create seasonal styling guidelines for new brands, ensuring outfits are carefully created in the sample room.
- You will be aware of new trends, interpreting them evaluate and discover the most current style icons/relevant influencers of the moment that fits with the Browns TOV and present to the HSC for approval.
- You will present weekly in-depth styling reviews of NEW IN across all areas to the HSC for feedback and translate this into weekly presentations for the styling team aiming to improve standards and inspire the team driving Browns forward.
- You will work with the team in styling special projects at the highest standards and according to brief and where needed style themselves at the highest standards.
- You will train, guide and use your menswear styling knowledge to maintain the styling teams, supporting with there development.
- You will work closely with the Size and Fit, Retail, Visual Experience, Studio and wider teams to promote the vision of the Online Styling departments.
WHO YOU ARE
- You an expert Mewswear Online Stylist and taste maker who has worked within an E-commerce environment.
- You have experience working on fashion authority editorials.
- You are passionate and expert knowledge of luxury brands, a progressive who is forward thinking about Luxury retail.
- You encourage those around you, striving for everyone to express their opinions and ideas within a safe space.
- You understand the different needs of teams globally.
- You are willing to embrace new opportunities, bring fresh perspectives without being afraid of failure.
- You have experience training, mentoring, and developing styling teams.
- You are flexible and able to travel on a very short notice during week days and as often as the business requires. (on average 2 times a month). This role is based in the UK but requires travel to Porto, Portugal where the studio is located.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.
Browns Fashion are looking for an Interim Menswear Online Styling Editor to join on a 12 month contract.