Various work from home options
We’re an award-winning tech business, recently named the Top UK SaaS Company to work for. Our UK HQ is located in Bristol, cited as being one of the fast growing technology hubs in the country.
Brightpearl is the number one Retail Operating System for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing their business. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
And that’s not all. Check out our perks and benefits to see what else we offer!
About the Role
- Work in a small cross-functional team to move functionality out of our existing PHP system to a microservice architecture developed mainly in Java and Go
- Apply quick fixes to the existing PHP code to recover bugs or vulnerabilities
- Work closely with other engineers, quality analysts, performance analysts, business analysts, system administrators, product managers, customers and partners.
- Improve your technical skills by using Java and Go in a fully automated CI/CD environment
- Diagnose problems seen in production and advise on solutions.
- Have the opportunity to develop your career in the direction of technical or team leadership
- Have access to training on relevant technologies in our platform and beyond
- Have 3-5 years of commercial experience writing well-tested code in PHP
- Experience tracking down bugs in a production environment.
- Have a good understanding of application comms protocols (HTTP, REST).
- Experience working on concurrent and distributed applications.
- Enjoy working in an agile team.
- Be a good communicator.
- Confident working independently to achieve shared outcomes
- Enjoy variety in your work and be willing to pick up new tools, technologies, and techniques.
Ideally you’ll have
- Working experience of docker and kubernetes.
- Experience using our core languages Java and Go
- Working experience using message queue infrastructure (e.g RabbitMQ).
- Experience using Cucumber or equivalent for end-to-end testing.
- Experience using React or equivalent for front-end development.
- Experience with the Continuous Delivery and DevOps styles of development.
- Understanding of how SaaS applications are hosted and provisioned.
- Be comfortable developing software to non-functional requirements of reliability and performance.
- You’ll be joining one of the top UK SaaS Companies based in central Bristol - named top city to live in
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options and a pension matching scheme
- 25 days of annual leave, plus long service awards and volunteering days to give back to the community
- We promote health and well-being through comprehensive medical, dental insurance packages with AXA, Bupa and Health Shield and subsidised gym memberships
- We support work-life balance through flexi-time and hybrid working
- Opportunity to collaborate and share success through company wide socials and All Hands.