Various work from home options
TrueLayer UK is looking for a Compliance Advisory Manager to help to us continue grow and scale our organisation in the UK and support the wider development of work across the TrueLayer Group. This role will be based in London.
TrueLayer’s Risk & Compliance team across the company in the UK, Ireland and Australia are integral to ensuring we implement a robust risk management framework. We count on our Risk & Compliance team to enable our product, sales, business operations, and legal teams to meet our legal and regulatory obligations through policy and manage risk within tolerances through assurance programmes.
We’re looking for a collaborative team-member who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed and how regulation aids that innovation. We want our Risk & Compliance team to be passionate about the opportunities presented by the new and emerging payments landscape and our evolving jurisdictional and international compliance reach.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As Compliance Advisory Manager, you will:
- Work with the business to develop new products and features ensuring that they are suitable for TrueLayer’s customers
- Be a point of call for product and business operations teams for compliance advisory support throughout the life cycle of products;
- Review external comms to ensure compliance
- Act as the main point of contact with business in remediation projects, obtaining remediation plans, root cause analysis or oversight of the roll out of controls required for regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with our wider Risk & Compliance Team to buildout robust frameworks and policies, oversee the embedding of effective processes by the business and drive a consistent compliance culture;
- Help maintain and support our Risk & Compliance Monitoring Program
- Conduct or build out regulatory training to the business on our payments products.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years experience in a compliance advisory role
- Have experience working within the new and emerging payments space and/ or retail banking more generally .
- Have working knowledge of EU payments legislation, EBA Guidelines, PSD2/ PSRs and FCA requirements.
- Work cross functionally well, and be adaptable to changing work priorities
- Work well under pressure, show initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges
- Understand the difference between urgency and priority, and be able to plan accordingly
- Be comfortable interacting with senior employees, regulators and stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Experience in technology or financial services, working in a similar role
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work 🏡
- Brand new MacBook Pro 💻
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).