Various work from home options
This role is responsible for major contributions to the operations estate through development and system administration. This role is also responsible for evangelising and helping shape the strategy related to the core practises of devops. Finally, in the absence of the lead some of the planning and organization responsibilities should be taken on.
You'll be expected to practice “infrastructure as code” deploying immutable servers on distributed infrastructure. The Amplience platform is used by many big online retailers resulting in billions of requests every month. DevOps is an important part of delivering consistency and reliability at this scale. You will also be expected to help administer the systems day to day, working on maintenance tasks and dealing with problems.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
We run on AWS however use a variety of 3rd party services to run and serve our content. If you are able to demonstrate extensive experience in AWS we are open to flexibility on all other skills, personality and team fit are often more important then use of tool/system X.
- Experience in a hands on capacity in production focused operations team ideally in a Cloud focused environments.
- Have extensive and demonstrable experience with Amazon Web Services (ideally certification to Development level and Specialist in Adv. Networking / Security)
- Ideally experience in other cloud services such as Azure / GCP
- Proficient in scripting language such as Python / Ruby / Go / Typescript, and development of robust tooling to support automations, use of 3rd party API’s etc.
- Proficient in Infrastructure as code – Cloudformation / Terraform – we aim for fully immutable services. Ideally some use of AWS CDK.
- Configuration management using Puppet / Ansible is desirable.
- Clearly documents work and shares with others.
- Experience of enterprise level global distribution of content via CDN (we serve petabytes worth of traffic and hundreds of billion of object requests).
- Thorough understanding of TLS and secure ciphers
- Understands the importance of Security configuration, implementation of best practices, hardening, and incident response procedures.
- Fully versed on end to end monitoring and alerting configurations.
- Have implemented auto-scaling logic based on application / environment metrics.
- Understanding of queues and messaging.
- Worked in environment with formalised release processes.
- You are principled about technology and have opinions about the right way to do things.
- You understand how to deliver a very high availability in a modern cloud environment.
- You believe automating infrastructure is important and that changes should be well tested
- You are happy to participate in the on-call rota – the aim is for very low frequency call outs.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave