Various work from home options
Who We Are
We’re the team behind Matrix—the leading project for secure, open decentralised communication and Element— the all-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organisations. Our mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
We build open alternatives to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Teams & more. Our early adopters include The French Government, and open source communities like Mozilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia, while we’re working towards gaining traction in personal messaging.
We build things for everyone, and we know we can’t succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be respectful and give candidates the best chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
Element is looking for an organised and enthusiastic Office Assistant to support the management and running of our fast-growing office in Chiswick, London. The successful candidate will be proactive, with a can-do attitude and strong organisational skills.
This role will be part time (3 days a week), with the opportunity to extend to full time in the future, and will encompass general office management and ad-hoc administrative support to our Office Manager. The successful candidate will be expected to work from the London (Chiswick) office.
- Office administration including stationery and supplies stock management, facilitating meetings, managing the post, office tidiness, general maintenance.
- Managing company merchandise.
- Organising and purchasing office refreshments.
- Welcoming visitors and organising building access.
- Meeting room management.
- Working with the wider biz ops team to organise events and socials.
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects and travel arrangements.
- At least 1-2yrs experience in a similar role in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with exceptional time management.
- A keen interest in technology.
- Proactive in approach with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a bonus.
Our general approach is to treat people like adults and acknowledge that by being flexible we create an environment for people to do their best work. For more details here is our manifesto. That said specific points that differentiate us include:
- Opportunities for development and progression as we scale.
- Family friendly environment; many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can.
- People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.