Various work from home options
View our much better version of this job spec on our careers page: https://tinyurl.com/juro-fincon
⚙️ The key bits
· Whereabouts: We're HQed in London but have distributed team members within BST +/- 3 hours.
· Visas: We can sponsor a UK work visa for this role, and we do offer relocation. Note that we do still look for knowledge of UK accounting principles.
· Interviews: 3 stages totalling around 3 hours over 2-3 weeks, incl. a home task.
· Base salary & seniority: We benchmarked ca. £80-100.000 at MN3 level in our career framework. If our advertised salary doesn’t match your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
· Reporting to: Richard Mabey, CEO
· Direct reports: None to start but we expect you'll need to bring a Finance Assistant onboard soon after you join us.
· More info: The FAQ below, our careers page, our handbook or ask email@example.com anything.
🤝 Help us help the world agree more
Juro has big ambitions: de-throne MS Word as the standard way to do contracts. And we'll need a lot of help doing it.
Legal tech on the rise: companies in this space already attracted more than $1 billion in funding this year as the slow-moving industry digitises. With 3x annual revenue growth, we're in a great position to pilot this change.
⚔️ The challenge:
We are in a solid cash position today and scaling up fast. This means we'll be getting more money in and spending more. What's more, apart from our obligation to produce accurate monthly+annual financial reports to our investors and the government, we are also gearing up to be audited at the end of 2022.
Until now we've shared financial responsibility between our Operations team members. Going forward, we'll need someone with a senior background in venture-backed SaaS who is autonomous above all else, and doesn't need much teaching to execute in the role. Instead, you'll teach us, and level up our financial strategy as we head into our next phase of growth.
During this exciting growth phase you’ll be adept at both thinking strategically but also getting your hands dirty in the day-to-day operations as needed.
👩 Where you come in:
You will be a critical member of our leadership team. You will work with leaders from all other functions and become a trusted lieutenant to Richard (our CEO), participating in senior leadership meetings on business-wide issues.
As our Financial Director (and first dedicated finance hire), your job is to own, drive and shape our:
1. ⭐financial strategy (influence over our company budget, FX strategy, introduce financial controls)
2. planning (own our financial model)
3. reporting (produce management/ statutory accounts, report budget adherence to our leadership team)
4. auditing (compliance, oversee and liaise with auditors, prepare audit packs)
5. working capital (accelerate accounts receivable and own subscription management and payments)
🌠 Your mission
To ensure Juro's finances operate compliantly and deliver value for money for Juro. And to be our expert (and challenger-in-chief) on finance and mature our financial processes.
Success for you means:
· Improve the ROI our burn by making sure we're investing in the right places
· Model future growth, based on assumptions that are validated over time
· Scale up financial processes, so that managers and Board members get financial information quickly and accurate
· Implement financial controls, so that we can grow safely
👀 You have strategic oversight over:
· Our core financial model
· Monthly management accounts
· Annual accounts
· Financial / management information systems
· Budget and plan variance reporting
🌱 Your progression with Juro:
Over time, we expect you to graduate into having interactions with Board members and external investors.
While you will be our first dedicated Finance hire and won't have any direct reports, we expect you to build a finance team (e.g. AP/AR) soon after you start.
We have career framework for progression at Juro and will offer support for whichever route suits you best in your future. We are currently building out the Finance career track and will look for your input.
🏔️ Why join us?
🌈 Join the best London startup to work for in 2022.
We're immensely proud being voted #1 of the top 50 London startups to work for in 2022. This is the result of hard work, to show not tell, and make Juro the best place to work for. This spans from setting concrete steps become a truly diverse, inclusive workplace, to investing in a culture of growth, to offering flexibility to everyone and more.
For 2022, we plan on expanding on all of these areas — what benefits we offer, how we give and receive feedback and how we foster a genuine sense of belonging for all Jurors to bring their full and best selves to work.
💥 Make an impact.
We're growing super fast this year, and have big plans for 2022 and beyond! You'll be building and shaping our financial strategy at a crucial point for the company.
We'll be hiring in all our main teams over the next year, and you'll be a key part of growing the business, and building a world class finance function.
📚 Work with great people.
We're backed by top tier investors such as Union Square Ventures and Point9 Capital. You'll have direct exposure to these people, as well as our ExCo and management team.
We're a diverse group with experience in top legal firms, investment banks, startups and scaleups.
📬 This might be for you if...
You have worked in an environment where:
· You have worked in a senior position (manager, director, VP) for a venture-backed SaaS company, and seen how SaaS companies operate.
· You have built a sophisticated and robust model in Excel for those SaaS companies as well as overseen the budgeting process.
· You have implemented financial controls + a good grasp of the FP&A side of accounting.
· You utilised your knowledge of UK accounting principles either as a qualified accountant (e.g. ACCA/CIMA) or in a relevant role.
You approach work in a way that emphasizes our values:
· Stakeholder management (#BeMoreHuman): You enjoy partnering with, and can push against, senior leaders on budgets and spend.
· Data-driven (#LoveTheDetails): You can sensibly explain the reasons behind your decisions (e.g. for financial controls).
· Autonomous (#TrustAndDeliver): You define what good looks like for you, are proactive and don't need a lot of guidance to do your job.
· Results-driven (#TrustAndDeliver): You have a commercial mindset, focusing on the top KPIs of the business and on the impact of your work.
· Stage-relevant solutions (#KeepItSimple): You don't over-engineer solutions.
· Clear communication (#KeepItSimple): You can communicate our financial targets across the business and beyond in a concise, focused and to-the-point way. (Tip: we like STAR answers in interviews.)
Bonus points if: You have worked with Xero or Netsuite in the past.
☝️ Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they check all boxes. So if you think you have what it takes but don't meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
👨👨👧👧 Meet the team
View on our careers page: https://tinyurl.com/juro-fincon
You’ll be the first of an emerging team where you can create a lot of high-impact work as this role provides the opportunity to drive and shape our financial strategy, team and operations.
Today, all financial responsibility is owned by our CEO & Operations team. Where our Engineering/ Product/Design teams create our product, and Sales/Marketing/Customer Success distribute that product, Operations/Finance/People & Talent oils the other two and makes sure the business runs smoothly.
You will be our first dedicated Finance hire, and being a leader of a new team we expect you to build means we look for someone who can work autonomously. But that does not mean that you will be without support. Richard, who you'll report into, will help you succeed. You can also count on steady support from Jimmy (who owns our billing and invoicing at the moment) and Thomas (our Head of People & Talent).
🙋 Frequently asked questions
View on our careers page: https://tinyurl.com/juro-fincon
Our careers page answers questions like:
· What is the interview process?
· What is the compensation package?
· What do you offer in terms of progression / career growth?
· What perks/benefits do you offer?
· What's the culture like?
· Do you offer flexible working?
· Can I work from overseas?
· Do you sponsor visas / relocation?
· From when are you looking to fill this role?
If your question isn't answered there, ask us! Message Thomas on LinkedIn, or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
☝ Note: We perform background checks on all roles, and we partner with a third-party provider to do so. Juro's background checks will be carried out by Zinc. For more information about how and why we do this, email email@example.com.
⛰️ Our mission
De-throne Microsoft Word to become the global standard for doing contracts. 👑
Businesses run on contracts.
But it can take hundreds of steps across multiple tools just to get one contract safely agreed. This legacy way of working leads to bottlenecks in core business processes and makes Legal a blocker, rather than an enabler.
Legacy contract management tools make things worse. Built for handling static, offline files they don’t capture the data you need to make good decisions with contracts.
That’s why we founded Juro. Juro is an all-in-one contract automation platform that helps visionary legal counsel and the teams they enable to agree and manage contracts in one unified workspace.
Help us help the world agree more.
🎉 Ready to apply?
If yes, click apply or follow this link: https://jobs.lever.co/juro/b159b30d-c22e-4e48-820d-3dc573170deb/apply
Still not sure if this is for you? Have a look at our open handbook (https://tinyurl.com/juro-handbook) and our careers page (https://juro.notion.site/) to find answers on topics such as career progression, inclusion & belonging, the interview process, benefits and more. Or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for anything.