Various work from home options
Founded in 2017 by our CEO, James, and co-founder, Callum, we’re an award-winning technology startup with a mission to make driving fairer and we think it’s time that car insurance was done differently for low mileage drivers. With the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, we’re bringing the same level of on-demand convenience to car ownership that people now expect from taxis and take-away food.
We’re now looking for a Marketing Analyst to join us! You’ll be a part of our fantastic Brand and Marketing team, providing data and insight on the performance of marketing campaigns to drive decision-making, strategy and actions.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who have voted us Best Car Insurance Provider three times, and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
With the guidance from our VP of Marketing, and working closely with the By Miles Data team the Marketing Analyst will help us improve our marketing performance with market and performance intelligence.
We’re looking for someone who can help us develop and produce regular marketing reports and use these within the business to improve decision-making to deliver precise insight into how our holistic Marketing activities (Digital & Above The Line) are impacting our overall business performance. You will help the wider business understand the major levers and tactics that deliver customer growth by assessing the impact of marketing activities in the market, and recommend specific next steps and actions to drive the strategy forwards.
You’ll be supported by our amazing Marketing, Brand and Data Teams to help you own the marketing performance data and work collaboratively with other teams to ensure robustness, alignment and performance of this data.
If you love data and insights as much as we do, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience to join our team:
Skills and attitude:
- You’re highly analytical, with strong capabilities in analytical techniques and data interrogation.
- You have a deep understanding of customer needs, channels and marketing types.
- You have excellent communication skills, particularly in being able to translate data into business requirements and recommend actions.
- You have advanced technical knowledge of analytic techniques and tools, including Google Analytics for report creation and analysis, Excel for data manipulation and interrogation, and SQL for querying data.
- You’re able to understand market dynamics and assess performance of different channels, regions etc. against a backdrop of underlying changes.
- You’ve a strong ability to forecast sales and key performance metrics, and to report on delivery against these metrics.
- You’re able to understand long- and short-term data trends, correlate with key drivers, and to recommend changes to improve performance.
We’d like to meet someone with:
- Experience of analysing marketing and commercial performance data.
- Experience of assessing performance of marketing campaigns, and being able to evaluate their success or otherwise.
- Experience of working as part of a wider marketing, sales or commercial function and agreeing data requirements.
- Experience of working with external data from a range of different sources, and being able to interpret key trends.
- Experience of testing, comparing and checking the accuracy of multiple data sets to ensure confidence in results and key metrics.
- Experience using analytics tools including Google Analytics and Firebase, or similar.
- Experience measuring and recording marketing tests.
- Experience evidencing the contribution of full media mix on performance
And if you have some of the below, it's an added bonus, but not essential!
- Prior experience using Metabase.
- Prior experience using Google Data Studio.
- Data visualisation experience.
- Experience of using external market data such as YouGov or similar experience reporting on brand awareness.
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary : £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience
Location: London, with flexible working or UK Hybrid working options.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.