Various work from home options
Our mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we're looking for a customer focused Support Operations Manager to lead our awesome team of technical support heroes.
This role is for you if you're an operational focussed people person with buckets of EQ and exceptional analytical and communication skills, who will challenge the status quo at every turn. You’ll need to be a confident and talented problem-solver, with a knack for explaining and resolving complex issues. You’ll have your finger on the pulse of the business and represent the voice of our users internally, working cross-functionally to make our product faster, stronger and more intuitive.
You'll also be responsible for the implementation of new processes, development of operational support plans, business reviews and internal operations program management.
This is a great opportunity to lead a strong team where you're encouraged to take on as much responsibility as you can. Your drive and imagination is your limit, not your job title.
**Hybrid working as standard - min average 2/3 days per week in the office, more if you want!**
THE DAY TO DAY STUFF
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Leading, developing and motivating our Technical Support Team, made up of 30ish passionate and ambitious Goodlordians
- Analysing the department performance, identify root causes for customer contact and ensure a productive feedback loop with our Product team
- Managing projects aimed at optimising resolution workflows and proactively identifying support needs. Have a holistic view of the department performance, priorities and impact
- Acting as a key thought partner for both executives and team members to craft our longer term support strategy and solve day-to-day issues
- Proactively driving and managing projects that aim to improve customer experience and be the advocate for our users
- Collaborating with Sales and Engineering/Product team members on designing and implementing new product features
- Working closely with and influence cross-functional partners to deliver the best user experience
- Overseeing scaled support plans for key strategic launches / product changes
- Managing the overall business support strategy to ensure all end-to-end operations are ready for launches, and product and service changes
- Being accountable for our business’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Taking responsibility for implementing strategies that address customer support/user experience issues and drive business success
- Harnessing our support team with an understanding that there is commercial opportunity in getting the team humming
You should apply if:
- You're experienced in customer facing and contact centre environments with a passion for creating world class, customer support teams
- You're a natural people leader and have proven your ability to successfully lead varied teams of 15 or more people
- You're known for your ability to raise the game of your team and drive a culture of high performance
- You're a secret data geek: you're numerate, analytical and comfortable with spreadsheets
- Your superpowers are operational management, communication and collaboration
- You've successfully managed a variety of projects, from initial concept to delivery and have done so by inspiring people to come on the journey
- You’re not fazed by working at a fast pace, and you have experience in either startup or dynamic/ technology / SaaS companies
- You’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- Have a proven team-first outlook including building great working relationships across functions and having a positive can-do attitude
- What we're doing here at Goodlord excites you!
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the last year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
Unfortunately Sponsorship is not available for this roleNo Agencies please
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer *