Various work from home options
TrueLayer is looking for an experienced Head of Corporate Communications to help us build our reputation globally as the best way for consumers to pay.
In this role, you will lead the development of a multi-channel communications strategy and narrative that elevates our brand, supports our business objectives, and ensures TrueLayer is recognised locally, nationally, and internationally as a visionary payments and open banking leader.
You will work closely with different teams across the business, including our senior leadership team, to craft storylines and develop high-profile campaigns that result in top tier coverage and business impact. You will build a deep understanding of the markets we operate in and industries we serve, identifying where and how communications can provide the greatest value. The ideal individual will have global experience writing about technology and finance and influencing policy with the portfolio to prove it.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As our Head of Corporate Communications, you will:
- Get under the skin of our target audiences, understanding their challenges and goals
- Develop and own the communications roadmap and corporate narrative for TrueLayer
- Develop thought leadership on a range of issues that affects TrueLayer’s company objectives and goals
- Drive forward our analyst relations strategy to ensure TrueLayer is on the radar of important consultants and industry commentators and ensure that we are being included in key pieces of industry research
- Work with our Public Policy team to help them ensure TrueLayer is on the radar of important policy makers and influencing policy development
- Build close relationships with key business, finance and tech journalists globally as well as industry commentators and influencers, in the payments and finance space
- Secure top tier coverage for the company across print, online and broadcast media
- Secure keynote speaking positions at leading global financial and tech conferences and brief in key spokespeople
- Work with our leadership team to develop engaging presentations and narratives that align with our company vision
- Develop and maintain best practices around how we communicate externally
- Manage issues and crisis communications
- Build out our communications function internally to provide world-class support to the business
- Significant professional experience working in the B2B tech sector
- Excellent writer and communicator with a keen attention to detail
- Strong people management skills at all levels
- Proven ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A public track record of landing proactive communications campaigns that deliver results
- Experience of managing crises and complex high-profile issues
- Deep media relationships with top tier tech and business media
- Experience working in financial services and payments
- A passion and strong interest in TrueLayer and our products
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.