Various work from home options
boxxe is focused on enabling organisations to be the best they can be through the use of technology. This is our mission. But to achieve this we know we need to bring together the best possible people from all backgrounds and experiences.
We’re entering a new and significant phase of our evolution which sees us rapidly transforming into a truly digital business, and a leader within our industry. We’re building new capabilities and need to bring in skilled engineers who love solving problems with technology.
As the Platform Virtualisation Consultant, you will provide expertise in an on-prem and hybrid infrastructure. You will take a security-focused approach to all design and deployment work across a range of customers from the public and private sectors.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
As part of the boxxe Technical Delivery team, you’ll play an important role in helping to scale our fast-growing and ambitious technology company. We have lots of exciting and challenging work for you to get stuck into, delivering both customer and internal projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and test on-prem & hybrid infrastructure solutions
- Deployment of storage, networking & hypervisor solutions
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on platform infrastructure projects
- Creation of required technical documentation
- Provide a point of technical escalation to junior consultants and support teams
- Contribute to and help develop the strategic platform services portfolio
- Maintain qualifications in role-related technologies
- Technical handover of customer projects into Managed/Support services teams
- Training of Managed/Support Services teams in relevant technologies
What experience we think you’ll need
- An excellent understanding of virtualisation technologies including VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- VMware certified to VCP-DCV level.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Certificate Services & Group Policy
- Experience in a consultancy or 3rd line support role
- Experience working with Dell & HPE solutions, including storage, networking & compute. Dell & HPE certifications are highly desirable
- Good networking skills including routing & switching
- Experience implementing on-prem & hybrid infrastructure solutions
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders to understand system requirements
- Able to create a high standard of technical documentation
- A good understanding of cloud computing including Azure & AWS with associated certifications is advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of virtualisation backup solutions is advantageous
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.