1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, and with our teams based globally in Stockholm, Norrköping, London, Boston and Brisbane, we still consider ourselves an agile start-up business. We are using the Agile (Big Room Planning) framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the rail tech market, but we have ambitions for so much more!
As an Operations Engineer at SilverRail you will be one in a team of 10 people who work together with the operations, management and monitoring of our applications that are primarily operated in a Linux environment. In the day-to-day operations, you will work closely with both your own team and the Software Engineers who develop the applications. Your work will include operations and troubleshooting of our own developed applications as well as purchased standard systems in our various environments. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to participate in various projects concerning the development of both new and existing applications. In this role you will have responsibilities for ensuring our emergency preparedness/on call team. We work continuously to monitor the outside world in our area to constantly develop and improve our operating environment and the tools we work with. You have a great opportunity to be involved, influence and run various improvement initiatives. Depending on your experience and interests, there will be opportunities to be responsible for and manage specific areas within our operations.
Competence and Skills
- Fluency in Swedish and English, both written and spoken
- Relevant training and work experience as Operations Engineer or within a similar role
- Extensive Linux server knowledge
- Experience in Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus, VM-Ware, Dynatrace & OP5
- Experience with AWS or another public cloud-based infrastructure
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing enterprise monitoring, troubleshooting, back-up & recovery solutions
- Experience in system administration regarding Postgres is highly valued
- Experience in scripting and / or software development is highly valued
- Positive, social and a “can-do” attitude that contributes to a good work culture.
- Drive to work collaboratively to achieve the best results as well as the ability to work on own initiative independently
- Learns and adapts quickly with self-starter attitude
- Your great interest in technology together with the ability to prioritize and take initiative makes it easy for you to identify and solve problems and suggest improvements in technology.
- Able to understand and operate at both a business and technical level
- Able to keep a level head and remain calm in stressful situations
- We are very centrally located in Stockholm - from your desk you can get to T-centralen or Stockholm City in minutes – and we are a fully accredited flexible working company.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- We have a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing and group development across our global offices.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.