Various work from home options
We are a team of Engineers building SaaS software used by over 350 of the world's leading brands. We exist to help our customers deliver more powerful experiences using our API-first, headless content management platform. We are very serious about reliability and customers trust us to manage and deliver content at tremendous scale:
- Billions of API requests every day
- >400 million items of content
- >4 Exabytes of critical data a year
We have a multi-talented Engineering team organized into cross-functional squads located in Middlesbrough and Manchester. We also have locations in London and New York for Sales, Marketing and Finance.
As well as working hard we also have a fun and informal company culture. We have a games room, we host hackathons and board game nights. Oh and we take our caffeine consumption really seriously.
We use the right tool for the right job. This means using a variety of languages and frameworks. Our current stack is built with:
- Amazon Web Services with Infrastructure as Code
- Serverless functions, containers and instances
- A mix of NoSQL, SQL and search-index data-stores
- TypeScript, Java, Golang, Python, Ruby
- Help modernize and migrate Thrift workloads to a modern alternative.
- Build migration tools and design processes to migrate sstable data.
- Help evolve the NoSQL architecture at Amplience.
- Write clean, high quality code using practises like TDD, SOLID principles, and pair programming.
- Use Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code techniques to make building, deploying, and managing systems easier, faster, and less error prone.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve serious engineering problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
- Help build cloud-native systems in AWS.
- Make sure our systems are reliable and scalable.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
We're looking for software engineers with experience in Cassandra (or DataStax/AWS Keyspaces) to help modernize and migrate thrift workloads, who have a deep passion for software engineering; someone who is excited to learn and someone who will be a great team player. We would particularly love you to apply if:
- You have commercial experience with Cassandra / DataStax / AWS Keyspaces.
- You have experience building highly-available, testable, cloud applications and services.
- You have strong knowledge of Java, Typescript, or other modern languages.
- You enjoy working in a team to solve problems together.
- You are eager to learn, try out new technologies and keen to share what you know.
So what’s in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody’s individual needs.
- Freedom to work from home, with offices for when you want them
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you’ve been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave