More than 2 days at home per week
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're looking for a Design Lead to join our Platform Product Design team. We want a leader and enabler who will help develop the product strategy for their team and fine tune their design approach.
The Platform Product Design team creates the experiences that help our business users leverage the power of the FARFETCH platform.
We explore user needs and champion them throughout the product design process, producing apps that enable them to make an impact.
As part of a global team, we're shaping the digital experience of the fashion industry by pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible and applying revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
What you'll do
- Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will work with your area leadership (Product Management, Engineering) to ensure that designers in your team are clear about their objectives and missions, and that they have the clarity of purpose to move quickly and autonomously
- You will directly line-manage a small team of designers, being responsible for their personal and professional development
- You'll contribute to the wider Platform Product team's practice, culture and community
- You will gain a deep understanding of the needs and goals of your users and develop good knowledge of the technical foundations behind the platform capabilities
- You'll provide regular coaching, mentoring and guidance to your team, ensuring each designer has a clear growth plan and the support they need to thrive in their roles
- You'll sync and collaborate with the wider Platform Product team to align the experience, making sure journeys and design patterns across our tools are coherent and consistent
Who you are
- You are regarded as an expert in designing functional, task-oriented products for digital platforms
- You have excellent collaboration skills, and are able to constructively direct and inspire action within your team
- You have experience working with global teams, and understand how to create products and services that address global and regional user needs and behaviours
- You have a talent for breaking down complexity and creating context for others
- You are an expert in bringing a lean, evidence-based approach to product development teams
REWARDS & BENEFITS
FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.