Various work from home options
At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips.
We’re looking for a curious and innovative frontend engineer to join our new data experience team and build end-to-end product experiences. Working in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers and designers, you’ll be creating solidly-coded, elegant products which will contribute to the growth of our platform as we scale globally.
As a Frontend Engineer at TrueLayer, you will frequently work with your peers across the Engineering organisation, with opportunities to work hands-on with the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well as a brand new, cutting-edge Design System that we’ve built in house.
Our technology stack
- We currently use ReactJS to build our front end, with Redux for state management;
- Our go-to programming languages for backend services is .NET Core/C# - but we use other technologies when the challenge we are working on calls for it (like Rust);
- Database technologies include PostgreSQL, with some Redis
- Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes, hosted in AWS;
- Monitoring using a combination of the ELK stack, HoneyComb, and Prometheus/Grafana.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Work in our cross-functional Data Experience team, collaborating with world-class Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to deliver developer and end user-facing features across the TrueLayer platform;
- Own new product features, from breaking down requirements to planning tasks for you and your team, and shipping to production rapidly and regularly;
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Engineers to iterate on the design and implementation of our products;
- Conduct code reviews and share knowledge with other engineers to maximise everyone’s potential and growth;
- Contribute to our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
What we need from you:
- Own web user interface best practices and the impact it has on customers interactions with products
- Experience writing automated tests for frontend applications and advocate for the importance of the testing pyramid
- You have a product mindset and are excited by what we are building: you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Vanilla Js (build on top of the platform)
- Experience working on payments products
£75,000/yr - £90,000/yr + Equity
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌎
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.