Various work from home options
Architect Team Lead - GCP
CTS are looking to hire an Architect Team Lead to support the scaling of our growing Architect team. As a Team Lead you will lead and inspire a small team of technical experts in your chosen area of Data or Infrastructure / App Modernisation.
You’ll be responsible for the engagement and development of your team - ensuring that the team is always ahead of the curve in both their technical and commercial knowledge. Working closely with our GCP CTO, the technical aspects of your role will be a balance of coordinating pre-sales activities across your team and ‘hands on’ billable delivery work, plus thought leadership such as writing blogs, or engagement with the Google technical community. We want CTS to be the home for the very best Google technical talent, and you’ll help to make that happen.Whilst you and your team will be aligned to your area of expertise, it’s important to know that as a growing organisation it is likely you will be asked to support engagements outside of your technical area of expertise from time to time. Who doesn’t love variety?
What you’ll do:
- Lead and inspire a small team of technical experts - helping to train them and develop their careers.
- Become a trusted advisor to customers by having a thorough understanding of their business challenges and the relevant GCP technologies to address them.
- Collaborate with both Sales and Engineering teams to develop high-level solution designs and statements of work and to ensure a smooth handover from sales to engineering. No throwing things ‘over the fence’ here.
- Directly sponsor key engagements (including billable work) to ensure that delivery of the solutions CTS’ Architect teams design are successful.
- Keep abreast of technology developments ensuring the CTS business remains ahead of the technology curve.
- Represent CTS externally with Google and more widely in the market. We can shape this to your skills, e.g. technical writing, or presenting at events, etc.
- An interest and ability to help develop the careers of others as a team lead. This might be the first time you’ve formally done this, but you’ll be able to explain why it interests you.
- A proven track record of delivering production systems with at least one major cloud provider.
- Assured, credible & respected because they’ve “been there” and “done that” in cloud.
- A confident communicator both written and verbally.
- Excellent knowledge of either software, platform or data architecture principles.
- A good understanding of infrastructure as code deployment methodologies.
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering principles.
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a desire to take ownership.
- The ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- And of course, a passion for GCP.
- GCP/AWS professional certifications.
- Previous experience in a consultancy or professional services role.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.