More than 2 days at home per week
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
We are looking for professionals to help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Farfetch industry-leading technology. You must have a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability. Join us to do what was never done before. The Cloud Engineering teams introduce processes, tools and methodologies to operate environments on public Cloud across multiple datacenters. We also develop and support tooling for Farfetch core infrastructure services.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop, implement and manage cloud native infrastructure and tooling, with emphasis to our web servers, load balancers, file storage and caching solutions;
- Enable autonomy of engineering teams, abstracting the infrastructure layer;
- Contribute to build self-service tooling for our internal platforms;
- Operate and maintain infrastructure components such as Linux and Windows based systems, configuration management and orchestration using automated processes.
WHO YOU ARE
- Graduated or higher in Computer Science or another technical discipline, or related practical experience;
- Seasoned in the software development lifecycle;
- Strong professional experience with Python (Golang is a plus);
- Interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems;
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and used to work with Git and Jenkins;
- Familiar with containerized environments and container orchestration technologies;
- Expert handling Configuration Management solutions (SaltStack is a plus) and scripting (PowerShell and Bash);
- Previous professional experience in managing high performance production environments - Windows web servers, Haproxy;
- Experience with FileServer solutions (FTP, DFS and FileShare);
- Experience with caching mechanisms (Redis or Memcache);
- Have a mindset directed to security concerns and compliance achievement;
- Excellent communicator and keen on complex problem solving;
- Good written and verbal English communication skills;
- Creative and fun to work with.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
The Cloud Engineering teams introduce processes, tools and methodologies to operate environments on public Cloud across multiple datacenters. We also develop and support tooling for Farfetch core infrastructure services.