FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A plus a $1.5 million grant from Oculus. This has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
As a Social Media and Community Manager you will help us build and grow our community at FitXR. You'll get to define strategy, the platforms, creative and tone of voice. You'll have ownership of all of our social media channels, you'll build out the community section on our website, you’ll run our blog, develop our CRM content plus much more. It's a great opportunity to be part of an early stage startup and to have a real impact on the business.
What you’ll do 👀
- Create and implement a social media marketing strategy to support our business objectives.
- Own, execute and deliver on the social measures that matter most to driving a highly engaged and active community.
- Build an active and engaged community for FitXR, each studio and our future products.
- Define strategy, set KPIs, identify key platforms and schedule for effective execution.
- Ownership of all our social media channels.
- Take the lead on developing a clear, cross-functional, content plan to drive high impact visibility for both in and out of app experiences.
- Oversee the gathering of qualitative audience insights for weekly reporting & metrics reports.
- Experience in direct to consumer brand building content
- Experience of social media tools & platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube (experience with Reddit & Discord preferred but not essential).
- Previous experience of building and engaging with a vibrant community.
- Experience using social media analytics tools and creating weekly reports
You should apply if ✅
- You are a first class communicator, with excellent copywriting skills for both long and short form content.
- You have an eye for design - able to select suitable imagery to accompany your posts and work with our design team on artwork and visuals.
- You are adaptable, self-motivated and confident working within a start-up/scale-up environment.
- You have an active personal interest in accessibility, fitness and technology.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen
- Hiring Manager + team interviews
- Founder / Exec Interview
Some roles will have a take home task after the initial screen.
You can read more about interviewing with us (including tips) here. Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave