Various work from home options
At TrueLayer we believe that bridging the gap between engineering and design is the best way to build solid and functional products. So we put designers, developers, and PMs together to build frictionless experiences. From our APIs interface to our developer console — there’s no problem that we can’t tackle at scale with intuitive, user-centric and beautiful design.
We’re looking for passionate designers to join our Developer Experience team and build end-to-end product experiences. As a designer embedded in a product team, you will mentor both product managers and engineers on UX/UI best practices, and promote a user-centric approach. From working on new features and pages to bringing new products to life - you will focus on creating functional and easy to use designs that developers love.
You will also have the opportunity to align with other peers in the Design organisation and to gain familiarity with the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well using a brand new, cutting-edge Design System we’ve built in-house.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As a Product Designer within the team, you will:
- Work closely with PMs and developers as part of the Developer Experience team
- Challenge product briefs and always drive decision making to build better experiences
- Conduct research, competitor analysis and usability testing
- Spec optimal user journeys and product functionalities
- Design a platform that fits in seamlessly with our overall product offering
- Create wireframes, graphic mock-ups and prototypes for all devices (responsive design)
- Consume our Design System library and contribute to its evolution
- Sit with developers to do pixel-perfect reviews of frontend products before they are pushed in production
- Create decks, docs, FAQs and other design materials needed to support the product commercially
- Collaborate with other designers and advocate for design consistency
What we need from you:
- Have strong experience building products
- Experience in Developer Experience (DevX) and empathy for developers
- Are demonstrably able to solve problems of complexity through smart design
- You’ve previously worked in a fast growing Fintech/API/SaaS company and are comfortable working in agile environment
- Are data-driven and be able to back up your assertions with data
- Have a user-first attitude and ensure we consistently deliver a user-centric culture
- Have a strong understanding of web grids and browser limitations
- Are familiar with usability testing methods
- Are able to follow design processes to keep alignment with the overall design org
- Have experience working with Design Systems
Nice to haves:
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, React JS and Git version control
- Experience with accessibility best practices
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer we embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe seeing the world from different view points is critical to us doing our best work. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in our mission, take pride in your craft (and know what an API is).