Various work from home options
TrueLayer is looking for a stand-out content writer to help take our content programme to the next level. Reporting to the Head of Content, you’ll be responsible for delivering on our content strategy, working closely with your colleagues in content, comms and marketing.
You’re a writer and content creator at heart, but you have good knowledge of marketing and distribution tactics. You’re adept at writing for SEO and understand how content supports marketing lead generation. You’re comfortable testing new formats, tracking results, and adjusting your approach accordingly.
In this role, you’ll deliver well-researched, memorable content that differentiates our brand and inspires our audiences across various channels. You are comfortable crafting comms for both technical and business stakeholders, and you have experience producing content across multiple channels, from long-form reports to social media posts, and from keynote speeches to nurture emails and video scripts.
This person will develop a deep understanding of the markets we operate in and industries we serve, identifying where and how content can provide the greatest value. The ideal individual will have experience writing about technology and finance, and the work samples to prove it.
Experience producing developer-focused content at an API company is a plus.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As our Content writer, you will:
- Get under the skin of our audiences, understanding their challenges and goals
- Deliver on our content strategy, creating unique, memorable, well-researched content that drives organic traffic to our website, raises brand awareness and engages our audiences
- Write content that supports a regular cadence of marketing campaigns and nurture activities
- Make sure we are getting the most of every piece of content – by reusing and repurposing long form content into different formats, for different channels
- Create timely, visual and short-form content that help us build our community on social media
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to uncover the right stories and subject matter expertise
- Create customer advocacy content, including case studies
- Stay on top of the news cycle and trends in fintech, open banking and payments to ensure TrueLayer leads these conversations on a global scale
- Work with our product, engineering and talent teams to uncover content themes and topics that can differentiate our platform, empower our customers and build our employer brand
- Support our thought leadership activities including working with executive leadership on event speeches and presentations
- Some experience creating content in a technology company or fast-growing business
- Powerful story-telling and copywriting skills
- A strong portfolio of material showcasing your content and writing work across multiple formats and channels including blogs, social media, reports and SEO
- The ability to hunt down a good story, conducting desk research and interviewing stakeholders to get the building blocks of great content
- Understanding of how content creation supports marketing and business goals
- Experience of writing content for SEO
- Data-driven approach – you’re able to track the performance of your content and use those metrics to continually improve your work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and an eye for detail
- Creative mindset, proactively seeking ideas for content pieces and speaking opportunities
- The ability to juggle multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment
- A bias towards action and getting things done
- A genuine interest in fintech, payments and open banking
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience working at a B2B fintech startup and the work samples to prove it
- An understanding of API platform technology
- Journalism experience
- Previous experience writing technical content (product, engineering, etc)
- Experience editing video and audio content
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
At TrueLayer we embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe seeing the world from different view points is critical to us doing our best work. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in our mission, take pride in your craft (and know what an API is).