Various work from home options
At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips.
Our Engineering organization has grown substantially over the past 12 months - our tools and processes have not kept up with the pace.
We are spinning up a new team, Engineering Ops, focused on the ergonomics and effectiveness of our platform. The mission is broad: boost the impact that every single engineer can have at TrueLayer.
In addition to working with modern development tools and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your level of experience, role or discipline.
- We want to continuously iterate and improve our offering without compromising the stability or long-term maintainability of our systems.
- We serve millions of API requests with a 99.5% availability SLA. Our platform must remain a reliable foundation that our customers can build upon as we expand (new products, new geographies, more volume).
- We want TrueLayer to be an exceptional place to work. We want our processes and interactions to stay honest, genuine and human as the company grows.
- We want our engineers to grow with us. To have the opportunity, the guidance and the support to develop their technical and core skills to the fullest within the organisation.
What we expect from you, as a Software Engineer:
- Become a proficient user of our platforms (AWS, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana/Honeycomb, etc) and our tools (Rust). Training will be available to fill in any gaps in your current knowledge
- Partner with Product teams to streamline delivery and operations;
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Advocate for operational readiness, help the team to maintain dashboards and alerting systems and eventually participate in the incident response process
- Contribute to cross-team technology efforts by joining our engineering guilds
- Align with our values and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌎
£55,000/yr - £75,000/yr + Equity
- Experience building distributed systems in any common backend language/framework such as .NET, Java, Rust and Go
- Experience with Kubernetes and the broader CNCF ecosystem
- Experience with observability and alerting in mission-critical distributed systems
- Understanding of microservice architecture and its associated challenges
- Thorough understanding of common design patterns and principles, and how/when to apply them
We'd be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience building developer tooling
- Experience building libraries and involvement in open source software
- Experience working with Rust
- Hands-on experience with AWS and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
Inclusion and Diversity
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.
Our hiring process typically consists of four stages:
Full details on the interview process, including preparation tips and the qualities we look for in future TrueLayeristas, can be found on our blog.