Various work from home options
We are looking for an experienced VP of Strategy, who sees the big picture of where financial technology and more specifically Open Banking is headed, and can help us to set the strategic direction of the company. Working closely with the senior leadership team, you will help us develop the near and long term strategies for the business, including being able to summarise these for the Board and the Company, and ideate and deliver on key strategic initiatives. You will have a great understanding of payment and API businesses, Financial Services, emerging product opportunities and business models, you will understand market opportunities across geographies and verticals, and you will know how to lead cross-functional teams to deliver on our priorities.
This is an ideal role for a seasoned strategy leader, who is product focused and understands leadership, exudes ownership, is biased for action, data driven and is able to work at pace, but in a calm, concerted manner. The role reports into the VP Finance and will work closely with the CEO and executives across Product, Technology and Commercial.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.rew from a UK leader in 2020 to a global provider in 2021, operating in 12+ countries. The thing is, we're just getting started…
As VP of Strategy, you will:
- Partner with the management team and senior leadership to help set the strategic direction for the company
- Work with the business to identify opportunities and define strategies and drive execution of complex, cross-functional and high impact initiatives
- Help lead a cross-functional strategic planning process, ensuring clear expectations, quality strategy development and buy-in from all parts of the company
- Take a lead role in preparing Board and company-wide presentations
- Work closely with the Finance team to translate our strategy into financial goals and objectives
- Develop a roadmap for leading, developing and growing the strategy team
What we expect from you:
- 12+ years of experience including experience in a payments company and experience in strategy consulting, PE / VC or in a similar role in a technology and product led company;
- You have a strong, proven track record in the development of corporate strategy and execution of key strategic initiatives;
- You are technically curious, and love understanding and identifying new products and business models;
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills - you’re in your element talking to and convincing technical and non-technical decision-makers at the highest level;
- You lead by example and have a track record of leading cross-functional teams and inspiring high quality delivery;
- You are very data-driven, and can back up their assertions with data;
- You enjoy rolling your sleeves up, and can deliver work under pressure and collaboratively in a fast-paced company.
Nice to haves:
- You have a strong interest in the Open Banking, PSD2, payments and data
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).