1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips.
We're looking for Engineering Managers to help us scale our teams and processes in order to increase our effectiveness. Working alongside a product group lead, you will help define the product and technical strategy for the group, supporting multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of their roadmaps and helping them develop through proactive coaching and mentoring.
As part of our Product Development Leadership Team you will influence the way in which we design, develop and deliver products; promoting our Engineering Principles and helping to create a positive environment for those around you.
- We want to continuously iterate and improve our offering without compromising the stability or long-term maintainability of our systems.
- We serve millions of API requests with a 99.5% availability SLA. Our platform must remain a reliable foundation that our customers can build upon as we expand (new products, new geographies, more volume).
- We want TrueLayer to be an exceptional place to work. We want our processes and interactions to stay honest, genuine and human as the company grows.
- We want our engineers to grow with us. To have the opportunity, the guidance and the support to develop their technical and core skills to the fullest within the organisation.
What we expect from you, as an Engineering Manager:
- Line manage, coach and support the Engineering Leads within your product group. You will care deeply about helping your team develop, growing their skillsets and ensuring their continued career progression.
- Work with our Talent team to identify, attract and hire the best engineering talent. As we continue to go through an incredible period of growth, you will play a major role in selecting, onboarding and developing new talent, whilst also contributing to a great engineering culture.
- Partner with the Head-of/VP Product to help design and execute the group roadmap factoring in both product and engineering objectives
- Support the delivery of complex projects, providing strategic advice and facilitating the collaboration of multiple teams, communicating outcomes to relevant stakeholders.
- Be responsible for driving great execution, increasing the effectiveness of delivery teams by implementing appropriate processes, setting expectations, managing risks and resourcing
- Promote ownership and accountability, learning and teaching, and driving our Engineering Principles helping to develop a culture of excellence and wellbeing
- Be accountable for the operational health of the product group, using data to drive improvements, ensuring our products are delivered and supported to a high standard
- Help scale new and existing teams, in multiple locations, establishing goals and defining and owning success KPIs
- Work with our Engineering Leadership Team on departmental initiatives and driving technical initiatives within your product group
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌎
£105,000/yr - £125,000/yr + Equity
- Experience leading, scaling and growing effective engineering teams
- Significant past hands-on experience as an Engineer - building, operating and scaling software in a product-centric, agile environment
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, best practices and design philosophies
- A good understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and Implementation patterns
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Build consensus around your ideas and convey information effectively
- A leadership philosophy grounded in leading by example and empowering others
- A broad knowledge of technology so that you can support engineers in making make the best architecture and product decisions]
- Experience coaching and mentoring other managers
We’d be particularly excited if you have:
- Specific experience in a Financial Technology company
- Been responsible for scaling teams within a rapidly growing organisation
- Established and/or managed overseas or remote engineering teams
- Experience operationalising mission-critical systems
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.
About our hiring process