Various work from home options
We’re incredibly proud of the digital PR offering from Impression and we’re privileged to work with some incredible brands in growing them through creativity, relevance and value-driven campaigns. Due to a change in our Management Team, we have an opportunity for a forward-thinking, passionate and creative PR leader to take us to the next level. This vacancy requires demonstrable experience in digital PR team and service leadership, with previous agency team leadership experience.
Impression has seen significant growth over recent years and this has created a demand for larger and more innovative, integrated marketing services. Digital PR, including content marketing and other campaign work, is a fast evolving service area and as such we’re looking for a talented candidate with a positive attitude towards growth. We’ll be excited to hear your opinions on the future of the industry and how our service set should evolve to continue to meet client needs.
This role has existed at Impression before and will sit alongside similar roles for other service areas on Impression’s management team. Our office locations are Nottingham and London, and some travel will be required to an office location, in line with our future of work charter, which you can find on our website.
The role title will depend on the experience of the successful candiadate.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the outputs of the department and have accountability for delivery, resourcing the team as required
- Together with your team, own the delivery and PR strategy of a small number of key accounts
- Grow, manage and develop Impression’s Digital PR team
- Together with the directors, design and adapt service offerings of related services to keep them fit for the future: digital PR, content marketing, etc
- Contribute to Impression’s own marketing through thought leadership content and speaking
- Contribute to business pitches for our largest PR opportunities, with the Commercial team support
- Liaise with other heads of departments and department directors to ensure smooth operational running of teams and client delivery (across SEO, Paid media, Strategy, etc)
- Create additional internal demand for other Impression services
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders expectations
- Build on your own profile as a digital PR thought leader through content and social media
- Develop and own departmental processes for winning, retaining and delivering work
- Foster a proactive and consultative approach in the teams’ client relationships to assist with theirs and our growth aspirations
- Contribute to the evolution of our service offering through process improvement, competitor analysis and market research (via client and agency networking)
- Contribute to Impression’s learning and development programme
- Assist the business with new strategic initiatives for clients and the business as and when appropriate
To be considered for the Head of Digital PR role at Impression, you will need to meet the following criteria.
- Experience in a similar agency role
- Previous hands on experience in digital PR and/or content marketing
- Advanced knowledge of SEO and link building tactics
- Very good wider knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness and effectiveness of other digital marketing activities we offer, including paid media, analytics and conversion rate optimisation
- Experience in objective setting, setting performance indicators and reporting for a portfolio of challenging client accounts
- Exceptional client management skills and be able to tell us how you deliver great experiences
- Have demonstrable multi-level team management skills
- Be a team player, capable of building relationships across teams at all levels
- Communicate your passion for digital PR
- Have demonstrable experience managing multiple, sometimes conflicting, deadlines
- Be a natural when it comes to adopting new software and technologies
- Have demonstrable experience in building your own personal profile, in the form of blogging, public speaking, a strong social media presence, etc
- Experience pitching digital PR projects and retainers to large SMEs and PLCs
- Be a strong communicator, both written and verbally
- Experience in developing systems and processes to monitor performance across a growing portfolio of accounts
- Experience in designing and delivering training programmes
- Experience coaching and developing junior staff
- Experience in international markets
- Experience in managing teams with differing skill sets, such as PR, design, development
- Have published work available online (i.e. blogs, white papers, guest articles, recorded video)
- Experience reporting on commercial departmental performance actuals vs plan/target
- Competitive salary, DOE
- Company pension
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to leading Employee Assistance Programmes
- A carbon negative company, including personal carbon offset
- Regular internal “lunch and learn” sessions
- Training budget for internal and external training and conferences
- Generous holiday allowance
- Opportunity to work on a variety of client accounts
- Apple equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Office fruit and bi-weekly lunch provided
- Organised work socials
- Discounted cinema tickets & gym membership
- The usual agency stuff - drinks fridge, ping pong and foosball
- Full ongoing training is provided
- Part-remote working is also a possibility for the right candidate
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We're listening and we're learning.
We’re committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities, both within our teams and through the services we provide. But we know we still have work to do. Improving fairness – in our agency and our industry – is something we’re passionate about, and we’re committed to having the conversations, making the changes and helping other businesses to do the same.
We pledge to promote equal opportunities and, as per the Equality Act 2010, will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, caring responsibilities or beliefs. We’ll also make every effort to represent different genders, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and sexualities at the events, panels and discussions we run.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.