Various work from home options
Founded in 2017 by our CEO, James, and co-founder, Callum, we’re an award-winning technology startup with a mission to offer people a fairer kind of car insurance. With the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, we’re bringing the same level of on-demand convenience to car ownership that people now expect from taxis and take-away food.
We’re looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join us in the New Year to help us execute our inclusive recruitment strategy through high quality, high-speed direct hiring. As the fifth member of our growing People Team, you will play a fundamental part in ensuring that we continue to hire great people, who reflect our virtues, enhance our culture & how we work as we continue to grow in 2022 and beyond.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who voted us Best Car Insurance Provider and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
As part of the People Team, we are ambassadors of our culture and hold the unwavering belief that our people’s wellbeing, fulfilment, and growth is key to our success.
We believe that a great culture doesn’t happen by accident, and starts with what we expect from ourselves and each other. So we spent time with our whole team to create our Virtues of Respect, Fairness, Efficiency, Growth and Ambition. These are the pillars of all of our People processes.
Inclusion & Diversity is crucial to our success. Inclusion comes first, as we believe that inclusion drives diversity. We are committed to improving access to opportunities to work at By Miles across all communities and walks of life. So, along with the great recruiter skills, we’re looking for someone who is as passionate as us and wants to help increase our accessibility & visibility to all.
Reporting into our Talent Acquisition Lead, you will have the opportunity to influence and shape the future of our recruitment processes, strategies and employer brand. Working closely with the broader People Team you will shape and develop our inclusion & diversity strategy, advocating and promoting our commitment to being a fair kind of employer.
Collaboration is key for us; Working across our teams (including Engineering, Product, Data, Commercial, Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance and Operations), using your knowledge in direct sourcing methods and tools, you will guide and support our managers with engaging and attracting the best talent.
As our Talent Acquisition Specialist, you are empathetic and look for nuance in the actions of others, you are data and results-driven and take great pride in creating a smooth, enjoyable, stress-free experience for all involved.
As an Insurtech Scale-up, our technology innovation has been at the forefront of our continuing success and growth. With this in mind, you will use your keen interest and knowledge in assessing technical experience and skills, to ensure that the right people move through our recruitment process while ensuring a fair and inclusive approach is taken, to bring us, exceptional people.
We’re looking for someone who will be able to hit the ground running and be comfortable, from the offset, hiring across different business teams and bounce around ideas that can improve our recruitment processes.
We would love someone with the following skills and experience to join our team.
Skills and attitude:
- You see inclusivity as essential and the only route to a truly diverse team.
- You run fair, unbiased processes and strive to make our roles and business highly attractive to all talented candidates.
- You can see beyond a CV to the potential of a candidate, you are highly skilled at assessing a ‘rockstar in the making’ and will advocate for candidates with unconventional backgrounds that have the right competencies and attitude for By Miles.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the recruitment landscape, ideally in start-ups and scale-ups.
- You are highly skilled in assessing technical experience and skills and can accurately ensure that the highest quality candidates move through to later interview stages.
- You have a thorough understanding of recruitment processes, best practice assessment methods and strategies.
- You have good knowledge of full-cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques.
- Your written and verbal communication is not only strong but adaptable to any audience and situation.
- You are highly collaborative, you want input from your colleagues to make our work the best it can be.
- You are excellent at stakeholder management, you build strong relationships through your ability to listen, understand and deliver according to their needs.
- You are a critical thinker and enjoy problem-solving.
- You are proactive in all things, whether that is taking a headhunt approach to tricky recruitment or solving problems and optimising our function.
- Experience successfully managing end to end recruitment in-house.
- Proven success in direct sourcing applicants.
- Experience working in collaboration with other functions of the People team (generalists, learning & development, HR etc).
- Experience at a start-up or a fast-moving company.
- Ideally a mix of experience in agency/consulting and in-house recruitment.
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary: £45,000-55,000 dependent on experience.
Location: London, with flexible working or UK Hybrid working.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.