Various work from home options
In 2018, we launched the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, and we’ve been growing quickly ever since. We’re looking for a part-time Compliance Analyst into our expanding Risk and Compliance team to help us reach our vision to make By Miles the only choice for low mileage drivers. In this role, you will have the chance to transfer business analysis skills into a regulatory role, working with teams as the ‘customer’ and advising on information security, data protection, and compliance requirements.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who voted us Best Car Insurance Provider and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
Reporting to our Head of Risk and Compliance, the Compliance Analyst will manage and maintain the risk register and reporting processes; reviewing risk on a regular basis, highlighting and communicating conflicts and issues.
You will be responsible for supplier/partner contractual reviews and due diligence activities completed according to regulatory, compliance, and level of risk. As part of your role, you will manage compliance and information security requirements - complete impact analysis and requirements gathering activities that will equip the business with the information needed to understand the change and ensure it can be delivered on time and with minimum impact to business as usual.
You will run regular Information Security and Compliance review meetings, gathering agenda items and communicating resulting actions from the meetings, FCA compliance registers, information security data gathering, and associated policies.
We would like you to Champion the compliance by design approach by owning selected delivery of initiatives. You will liaise with product and project teams ensuring that information security, data protection, and compliance requirements are clearly defined, communicated, and are on track, seeking advice from the subject matter experts where needed.
The Compliance Analyst will also be integral to the daily operations of the business; providing advice and guidance on operational queries, holding lessons learned briefings to the business on the latest updates in the Information Security & Compliance world.
As advocates for flexible working, the role will be 2 days per week. You’ll have the choice to work the hours required for the role in a way that suits you, including regular working from home. We appreciate that people have other important elements to their lives, and we work hard to make sure that they can prioritise things as they need to.
We would love someone with the following skills and experience to join our team:
Skills and attitude:
- You have previous business analysis experience and ideally some exposure to project management
- You have experience in requirements management
- You have a good working knowledge of process modelling; preferably working with customer-facing teams and dealing with different communications platforms and methods of capturing multiple data sets
- You have a good understanding of data management and data flows
- You have worked in a regulated environment, have financial services experience, and are familiar with the FCA’s regulatory handbook and code of conduct
We’d like to meet someone with:
- Proven experience in practical business analysis or experience managing sets of business requirements and how these are analysed and translated into solutions AND/OR experience analysing and managing the implementation of sets of regulatory, compliance, or legal requirements
- Exposure to the GDPR, ePrivacy, and ideally cookies
- Exposure to Information / Cyber Security
- Technical background/working with software development teams and an understanding of how websites, tools, and apps are developed, tested, and implemented
- Collaborative mindset: Ability to turn regulatory needs into clear business requirements and a distinct problem that the business needs to work together to solve
- Proactive and looks for areas of continual improvement
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to work with different teams, and independently where necessary
- Empathetic and has the ability to understand business challenges from all perspectives and works to make all things regulatory accessible to the business
- Adaptable and calm to be able to thrive in a scale-up environment
And if you have some of the below, it's an added bonus, but not essential!
- ISO 27001 implementation or auditor knowledge
- Process modelling experience
- Car insurance knowledge
- Experience in a Data Protection Officer role
- Business Analysis qualification/diploma
- Compliance / legal qualification
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas, and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (pro-rata) - dependent on experience
Location: London, with flexible or UK Hybrid working options.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.