Various work from home options
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About this role:
Our Senior Engineering Managers lead multiple cross-functional teams in one of our vertical domains, that are responsible for implementing an industry-leading API that has already processed over $50 billion of cross-border transactions for over 5 million end-users, and is available to our clients 24/7.
The Senior Engineering Managers line-manage the Engineering Managers in the domain, usually in the range of 3-5 teams. Our usual team structure consists of an Engineering Manager, Product Manager, Agile Delivery Manager, 4 Software Engineers and 2 QA Engineers. This role has an overall responsibility for around 20-35 individuals.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead, support and mentor Engineering Managers to be more effective leaders
- Responsible for the overall engineering output of the domain
- Hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent
- Drive technical excellence, working closely with engineers to build best-in-class architectures and systems that will scale as our business grows
- Work on business strategy to define a roadmap that’s compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across Currencycloud
- Oversee the activities of the engineering tribe within an Agile-Scrum environment
- Drive both medium and long-term objectives and key results with full responsibility for execution
- Champion best engineering practices, be the solution-oriented voice showing where to invest engineering effort where it can create the most positive impact
- A domain expert not just on the technical side but also on our product offering and how it is used by our customers
- Clearly communicate at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the domain
- Lead change cross-functionally not just across your domain but the whole engineering function
- Embeds our values - Be Human, Better Together & Own It, together with our technical principles in everything we do, leading by example
What experience you'll need:
- Experience managing managers or multiple teams simultaneously
- Experience working with Agile process and principles, working together with product teams
- Software Engineering background, ideally building large cloud-native architectures
- Excellent understanding microservices architectural patterns, as well as stability, performance, fault-tolerance, scalability & security of systems
- Been a driving force not only behind change in your previous roles but also in working in a distributed environment
- Ideally a background in FinTech, Payments or Financial Services
What skills you'll need:
- Passionate about growing others while growing yourself.
- An interest for continuous improvement and helping engineers to feel part of something bigger
- Ability to communicate equally effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and influence executives
- Opinionated in cloud-native architectures
- A modern approach to software testing, ideally with exposure to chaos engineering
- Continuous improvement on processes and ways of working around the SDLC
- A mindset compatible with continuous deployment, agile planning, cloud-based systems, experimentation and testing
- Able to drive large scale organisational change
- Mentoring and coaching managers and engineers
- Strong business and technical vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations based on incomplete or ambiguous information
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs