1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Product Designer to help us achieve this. Reporting to the senior Product Designer, you will be joining a team of three Product Managers and two Product designers in a function that sits at the heart of the business.
You will work across different areas of the product, with different stakeholders, and you should be comfortable with the unknown unknowns!
Additionally, you are open to giving as well as receiving feedback into our growing team in a way that doesn’t hold us back from achieving our objectives.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, dynamic, creative team.
Your drive and imagination is your limit, not your job title. We’re constantly evolving and growing so no two days will be the same and we’re looking for people who are comfortable working in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Own the user experience within a cross-functional team
- Work with the team to produce clear, thoughtful specifications to guide the development team
- Champion user feedback and collaborate with the team to maintain product agility
- Act as a constant source of insight into both trends in user experience design and best practice
- Ability to step back and see the bigger picture, bringing this to bear on the product strategy
You should apply if you have:
- Commercial experience designing responsive products for both consumers and businesses
- Previously worked as a Product Designer in a scale-up, SME or large organisation
- Excellent communication and demonstrable collaboration skills
- Strong Interaction design sensibilities as they relate to digital experiences, products and brands
- The ability to solve problems creatively and focus on both the big picture and the nuts and bolts
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders
You are also: -
- Proficient with industry design tools, we use Figma. But if you have experience in Sketch, Photoshop or illustrator - that's okay too!
- Confident presenting work to a room of the curious and the sceptical, the interested and the demanding.
And it would be super great if:
- You are proficient in Figma.
- You have experience in a fast paced startup/scaleup environment.
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the past year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **