Various work from home options
Full Stack Application Developer
| Flexible Working Options |
As an Application Developer for CTS, Europe's largest dedicated Google Cloud consultancy, you will be at the forefront of cloud technology. You’ll bring experience to customers across the full-stack, from building backend services to implementing front-end interfaces.
You will work alongside highly skilled Software Development and Platform Engineering teams to implement systems, utilising best in breed cloud services and DevOps tooling.
You’ll work with customers, potentially at the early sales stage, assessing and understanding their technical requirements. You will contribute to projects from the discovery stage, through initial concept and design and on to implementation, build and support.
Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software is a given, and you will be expected to investigate the use of new technologies as they become available.
- Work with your team to translate requirements into technical designs and technical tasks.
- Understand existing customer systems and re-architect them on GCP as part of a wider project team.
- Contribute to the design and build of highly available, global and cloud native platforms.
- Build software based on modern architecture techniques such as microservices.
- Apply modern software methodologies to your code; for example Twelve-Factor App.
- Mentor junior members of the team and help to drive their development.
- Contribute to internal tooling that the wider GCP team builds and maintains
- Experience developing against a common framework, such as Angular, Django, Spring, Vue, React, etc. (Angular Preferred).
- Experience delivering responsive web front ends with HTML5 / CSS3.
- An understanding of modern software patterns and methodologies such as Twelve-Factor, Progressive Apps, Single Page Apps, Observables, etc.
- Ability to write queries against common Databases - MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Experience developing Cloud-Native applications on Public Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure) utilising tools such as Cloud Functions / Cloud Run / GKE (or AWS or Azure Equivalent).
- Comfortable developing with Docker.
- Experience following TDD best-practice and utilising frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Jasmine etc.
- Understanding of the use of modern transport protocols such as GRPC and HTTP2.
- Experience building, consuming and integrating with REST APIs.
- Self starter, able to build software from a blank sheet.
- Experience with Google Firebase.
- Use of NoSQL technologies in a commercial environment.
- Google Certified Professional Developer.
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- Time spent in a professional services or consultancy role.
This role can be based from our office in Manchester, Edinburgh, Utrecht, or you could be fully remote based if that is your preference. You could split your time between the offices and your own home if that works best for you.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership).
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.