More than 2 days at home per week
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
Reporting to the Data Scientist Lead, we are looking for a Data Scientist to join Farfetch in building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, and Natural Language Processing algorithms. You will join a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Designers to help build and increase, through research and experimentation, our data-driven products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop algorithms in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Information Retrieval (IR), with a focus on search relevance;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work with the engineering team to integrate machine learning (ML) algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and inspire creativity inside the company;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged
WHO YOU ARE
- MSc or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline, such as Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or another related area;
- At least 2 years' experience in a Data Science role;
- A thorough understanding of ML and statistics;
- Experienced in applying modern models and techniques for NLP tasks;
- Fluent in Python and its Data Science, ML, and NLP packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, nltk, spacy, gensim);
- Experienced in developing ML software for production;
- Familiar with SQL and preferably Google BigQuery;
- Skilled in producing rigorous and convincing analyses in order to drive effective decisions and inform technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Proficient in English (written and spoken);
- Preferably with experience in e-commerce search.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Work with a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Designers to help build and increase our data-driven products, through research and experimentation in Search & Discovery.