Various work from home options
What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
Engineering Team Lead
We're looking for a driven and approachable Team Lead to help us nurture our expanding Engineering team.
You'll be a part of a friendly and expanding team of talented engineers, working on the newest parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on. We’re changing how billing and commerce are thought of for SaaS companies which requires combining both a stable platform and a flexible and discovery based approach to building out the product. Our people are extremely important to us, so strong mentoring and personal development skills are key.
Each of our product teams have a product manager, engineering team lead, 4 - 6 engineering individual contributors with product design being shared across teams. The teams are set up with a clear area of product ownership along with goals that give them clarity on who they’re building for but freedom to choose how best to do that (and prioritise alongside other work that comes in). These teams are cross-functional in nature with the PM and the team lead sharing responsibility for delivery; design being involved from discovery to delivery and members from other departments being pulled in as required.
Teams are empowered to use the right language for the job for our services, which at the moment for us means using Golang and PHP using either Docker with ECS or AWS lambdas, and static React sites hosted in S3. We will give you the freedom to make technology and tooling decisions and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly. You'll be involved in technical decisions with your team and across the department, ensuring the team is working in the right way, and developing your team both personally and professionally.
Working with the other team leads and CTO you'll also help guide the department engineering principles, ensuring a good mix of Reliability, Scalability and Performance whilst helping to deliver our business goals. We believe a strong relationship between Engineering, Product and Design means building a better product for the customer, developing that within and outside your sphere of influence is crucial to our continued success.
What you'll do
- You will manage a highly performing team of software engineers
- You will focus on inspiring, mentoring and building strong relationships with your direct reports on a personal level and help them develop their careers
- Drive your team’s technical direction, growth and how they work;
- Be part of a product engineering team working on improving the product to help software companies grow their products and worry less about billing;
- Ensure your team are building products with scalability, maintainability and reliability in mind;
- Enhance a product engineering mindset in your team;
- Have the autonomy to do what you think is right (and change what isn’t working);
- Help remove blockers for your team;
- Work with your Product Manager and Product Designer to influence Paddle’s business direction;
- Be involved in hiring and Paddle’s continued growth;
- Be responsible for your team's delivery, with a focus on iterative development, with a data driven, fast feedback loop.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have experience as a Engineering Team Lead, working with a Product engineering team;
- You have Front-End focussed experience
- You love developing people and have experience growing engineering teams;
- You enjoy the challenge of balancing technical idealism with delivery and pragmatism;
- You’re self aware and are not just open to improving but pushing on how you can get better
- You’re passionate about the discovery phase of new features;
- You have a strong technical background and can confidently have difficult technical discussions with your team;
- You're comfortable working with non-technical stakeholders;
- You’re proactive and enjoy taking ownership;
- You understand the importance of product and design and how great products stem from these relationships.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of over 170 people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.