Various work from home options
What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to work collaboratively with the rest of the DX team as well as a global team of product managers, designers and developers to produce clear, quality, product documentation, which will delight our customers and be critical to the growth of our platform.
As our first Technical Writer, this role is perfect for a motivated self-starter with prior process-focused experience, and the drive to make an impact with these processes at Paddle.What you'll do:
- Identify gaps in our documentation and fill them with easy to understand guides and technical examples, understanding the needs of our largest and smallest customers
- Create compelling copy in collaboration with product owners, product marketing and design where needed
- Implement technical documentation standards and be a key voice in our plans to reinvent that documentation
- Write in plain, easy-to-understand English
- Document features, enhancements and bug fixes by gathering and organising technical information from engineers, the product team, and other stakeholders
- Guide the presenting and writing of API documentation
- Write helpful practical content such as how-to guides and FAQs
- Proactively gather feedback from colleagues and customers to keep all documentation and content relevant and up-to-date
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have excellent written and oral skills in English, with great attention to detail
- Can demonstrate experience delivering api or developer-focused digital content such as product documentation, knowledge bases or similar
We’d be especially excited to hear from you if you:
- Have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable to software end-users
- Have experience working both in early-stage technology companies and larger organisations
- Have experience taking docs from good to great
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 170 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
- Exceptional Together
- Execute with impact
- Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.